After 20 yrs and 5 games, why elder scrolls combat still feels amateuristic

#121JohnRyan1228Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:09 PM
i love how in all topics of this type, its the good posts that get ignored, like Purple_Bender's
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#122Xdz89Posted 2/3/2013 2:31:54 PM
jodiebigballs posted...
Mistere Man posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
masterpug53 posted...
I complain about the lack of fluidity in Elder Scrolls combat in much the same way as I berate my Legos for not looking lifelike.

Lego
Not Legos

It's a collective noun.
You don't say Waters or Snows do you?

I just wanted to point out that you can say Waters, and Snows depending on the use such as, "In some countries it never snows", or "still waters run deep"/"shipping lanes in international waters". Granted they are less common, but they are still used.

But you don't use it when referring to the item as a collective......
LEGO not LEGOS
Water not Waters
Snow not Snows

The singular of these are
LEGO blocks/bricks
Snow flakes
Water droplets

LEGO is a collective noun.

mmmm Tell me whats wrong here: "We've had more than three separate snow this winter" I would also point to "Still water run deep". A quick google search has informed me that the general consensus is "LEGOs" and especially "LEGO's"(A possessive plural form) are perfectly fine plural forms of the word LEGO.

an excerpt from brick brothers(http://www.brothers-brick.com/lego-glossary/)

Legos
Oh no you didn’t! Technically, the official plural form for more than one element of LEGO is “LEGO® brand building bricks”. That’s ridiculous, though, so most LEGO fans refer to one or more bricks as “LEGO”, following the grammatical convention of “fish” and “sheep."

So yeah, while not TECHNICALLY correct the real correct term is kind of silly and INVENTED by the lego creator who was obviously 1) not a grammar major or 2) not a native English speaker (he was Danish)

From Merriam-Webster on "waters"(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/water)

Also from M-W on "snow" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snow)

hmmmm sure seems like adding a "s" on the end of water or snow is correct in certain circumstances....
#123JohnRyan1228Posted 2/3/2013 2:36:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbiMhuOegTw
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
I. Love. Potatoes.
#124chrishu311Posted 2/3/2013 2:36:09 PM
Dark Souls combat but first person exploration. Unf.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#125jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 2:43:03 PM
Xdz89 posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Mistere Man posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
masterpug53 posted...
I complain about the lack of fluidity in Elder Scrolls combat in much the same way as I berate my Legos for not looking lifelike.

Lego
Not Legos

It's a collective noun.
You don't say Waters or Snows do you?

I just wanted to point out that you can say Waters, and Snows depending on the use such as, "In some countries it never snows", or "still waters run deep"/"shipping lanes in international waters". Granted they are less common, but they are still used.

But you don't use it when referring to the item as a collective......
LEGO not LEGOS
Water not Waters
Snow not Snows

The singular of these are
LEGO blocks/bricks
Snow flakes
Water droplets

LEGO is a collective noun.

mmmm Tell me whats wrong here: "We've had more than three separate snow this winter" I would also point to "Still water run deep". A quick google search has informed me that the general consensus is "LEGOs" and especially "LEGO's"(A possessive plural form) are perfectly fine plural forms of the word LEGO.

an excerpt from brick brothers(http://www.brothers-brick.com/lego-glossary/)

Legos
Oh no you didn’t! Technically, the official plural form for more than one element of LEGO is “LEGO® brand building bricks”. That’s ridiculous, though, so most LEGO fans refer to one or more bricks as “LEGO”, following the grammatical convention of “fish” and “sheep."

So yeah, while not TECHNICALLY correct the real correct term is kind of silly and INVENTED by the lego creator who was obviously 1) not a grammar major or 2) not a native English speaker (he was Danish)

From Merriam-Webster on "waters"(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/water)

Also from M-W on "snow" (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snow)

hmmmm sure seems like adding a "s" on the end of water or snow is correct in certain circumstances....

Not when it's a collective noun it isn't......
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#126nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 3:10:25 PM
jodiebigballs posted...
Exactly what I said you'd post.

The point isn't getting through. You fell for Bluedragon's troll post, I called it out, you denied it, I brought up evidence, and over the course of several posts you refused to accept it, then went on an incredibly defensive rant about how opinion on the internet means nothing to you, seemingly to change my opinion. Hmm.

Anyway, I've just had my dinner, and in light of the lack of interest from anyone else, I'm out.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#127jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 3:24:45 PM
nathraxh posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Exactly what I said you'd post.

The point isn't getting through. You fell for Bluedragon's troll post, I called it out, you denied it, I brought up evidence, and over the course of several posts you refused to accept it, then went on an incredibly defensive rant about how opinion on the internet means nothing to you, seemingly to change my opinion. Hmm.

Anyway, I've just had my dinner, and in light of the lack of interest from anyone else, I'm out.

No you seem to have missed the point once again.

You accused me of falling for a troll post with no evidence to back it up. End of

And you've spent the last god knows how many posts trying to wriggle out of the burden of proof.

If you can't back up a point (no matter how stupid) with evidence then don't make it in the first place lol

And not once have I tried to change your opinion of me That was my whole point
Your opinion was based on nothing therefore it means nothing to me.

How are you still not getting this? :S

you haven't made a single point backed up with even a shred of evidence

Cementing the fact that you are indeed a pleb :D

Toodles
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#128WARLORD_AXEPosted 2/3/2013 3:35:36 PM
-Damien- go back to the PS3 boards that you usually lurk and keep your reassurance topics there. You give Dark Souls fans a bad name.
---
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...
#129VodkaMusclesV2Posted 2/3/2013 3:38:03 PM
How does one roll a sword properly?
#130Mistere ManPosted 2/3/2013 4:01:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]