After 20 yrs and 5 games, why elder scrolls combat still feels amateuristic

#61-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:47:37 AM(edited)
nathraxh posted...
Caribooooooou posted...
derrick112 posted...

But it's you guys who can't see that there are people like me who think the combat is fine as it is in this game and that the rate it has improved is fine. We had Morrowind where each attack would hit based on your agility. Then Oblivion improved upon it by making it hit by hit and Skyrim just tweaked it further. Am I wrong to believe that Bethesda will honestly try to improve combat further if they can for the next new game? Or should I be more like *ranting mode* "Combat Cr@p! $crew Bethseda!"?

You probably shouldn't post anything, period.

Most of what he's posted so far hasn't been great, but he had a fantastic point here, and all you say is that? The fact he's starting to come off slightly more mature than you is interesting. And hilarious.

both sides have valid points, the difference is that while we are willing to discuss it in a move civil manner, derrick112 is screaming from the top of his lungs like a teenage fanboy
#62masterpug53Posted 2/3/2013 8:49:22 AM
jodiebigballs posted...
masterpug53 posted...
I complain about the lack of fluidity in Elder Scrolls combat in much the same way as I berate my Legos for not looking lifelike.

Lego
Not Legos

It's a collective noun.
You don't say Waters or Snows do you?

Thank god someone finally acknowledged my post with some of the most asinine nitpicking I've ever seen on this forum. This is exactly why I don't take these discussions seriously anyone.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#63derrick112Posted 2/3/2013 8:51:20 AM
-Damien- posted...
nathraxh posted...
Caribooooooou posted...
derrick112 posted...

But it's you guys who can't see that there are people like me who think the combat is fine as it is in this game and that the rate it has improved is fine. We had Morrowind where each attack would hit based on your agility. Then Oblivion improved upon it by making it hit by hit and Skyrim just tweaked it further. Am I wrong to believe that Bethesda will honestly try to improve combat further if they can for the next new game? Or should I be more like *ranting mode* "Combat Cr@p! $crew Bethseda!"?

Most of what he's posted so far hasn't been great, but he had a fantastic point here, and all you say is that? The fact he's starting to come off slightly more mature than you is interesting. And hilarious.

both sides have valid points, the difference is that while we are willing to discuss it in a move civil manner, derrick112 is screaming from the top of his lungs like a teenage fanboy

If you had just been respectful of the people who could be offended by your posts then clearly we wouldn't be having this argument.
#64nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 8:54:59 AM
-Damien- posted...
nathraxh posted...
Caribooooooou posted...
derrick112 posted...

This is true, but he eventually stopped screaming, showed his willingness to be civil, and made a valid point based on evidence. Caribou only started to troll Derrick once this happened. This implies, to me at least, that Caribou cannot defend his points once they're properly addressed.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#65nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 9:00:28 AM
masterpug53 posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
masterpug53 posted...
I complain about the lack of fluidity in Elder Scrolls combat in much the same way as I berate my Legos for not looking lifelike.

Lego
Not Legos

It's a collective noun.

Thank god someone finally acknowledged my post with some of the most asinine nitpicking I've ever seen on this forum. This is exactly why I don't take these discussions seriously anyone.

Yeah, jodie shows up every so often in these discussions and does that. I'd be as finicky as that too, if I didn't have all this paint to watch dry.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#66jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 9:03:55 AM
masterpug53 posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
masterpug53 posted...

Lego
Not Legos

It's a collective noun.

Considering your post was just an unsuccessful attempt at being witty I'm not even slightly sorry.
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#67-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:09:45 AM
derrick112 posted...
-Damien- posted...

If you had just been respectful of the people who could be offended by your posts then clearly we wouldn't be having this argument.

I criticize the game and you took it personally, it's your problem not everyone else's. The fact that you took it personally shows that you're a defensive fanboy
#68RampagingwalrusPosted 2/3/2013 9:10:17 AM
masterpug53 posted...

You were supposed to nitpick right back at him.
I mean honestly... it is LEGO, not Lego.
Young people these days... you just make me so sad.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#69jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:08 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
masterpug53 posted...

You were supposed to nitpick right back at him.
I mean honestly... it is LEGO, not Lego.
Young people these days... you just make me so sad.

Lol very good point.
Alright I'll concede that it is Infact LEGO and admit that I was wrong :D
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#70CaribooooooouPosted 2/3/2013 9:16:33 AM
nathraxh posted...
Caribooooooou posted...
derrick112 posted...

His point is "I disagree". He hasn't added anything new to the discussion that others weren't saying earlier. I know he disagrees. What should I say? "WELL I DOUBLE DISAGREE".

What's the point? I'm not gonna change his mind. I've made my points and I'm sticking to them. He hasn't really tried to debate them just more of the same from the other team, some valid ("I think combat is fine") and some irrelevant ("you're crying about Bethesda/rant mode etc.")

I'm done with him and this topic until someone has something to say that isn't fanboy assault mode or the same old **** the first few people said.
---
What would Marilyn Monroe be doing if she were alive today?
.....clawing at the lid of her coffin.