After 20 yrs and 5 games, why elder scrolls combat still feels amateuristic

#71derrick112Posted 2/3/2013 8:20:57 AM
-Damien- posted...
marcussl55 posted...
I hear what you're saying TC the combat is a little clunky but that's just something you gotta get used to. Its still an amazing game. And lets be honest if the combat was better and the game was bug free it'd be just unfair for other games out there.

well combat isn't the only Skyrim's weakness. Bland, generic, dungeon design is another. and how about enemy scaling? etc, etc? there are many other weakness, but combat is the biggest downfall, so let's start with that

*sigh*
Must I point this out again? This is not the type of comment from someone who wants an honest and civil conversation would say. Unless you are truly ignorant of other peoples feelings and opinions that is.....
#72Smackdowner1Posted 2/3/2013 8:22:53 AM(edited)
Mastadi posted...
Oh wow, so you just compared the company known for the effort it puts into the story and characters to a game created by a company which is known for producing excellent gameplay, but usually average or no stories despite having access to interesting worlds and game mechanics.

Fable has a great story. I don't know what the **** you're talking about. You just don't get it because everything isn't thrown right in front of your face like some games that bore you with unnecessary details. Like I said, the methodologies are different. PC developers focus more on the story aspect, where console developers focus more on the gameplay.

And Fable games being easy to play is a good thing. That is how RPGs of that style should be controlled. The gameplay could definitely be more challenging, but a game should never be difficult because of bad controls. Kingdoms of Amalur got it right, despite getting pretty much everything else wrong and it was still fun.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#73CaribooooooouPosted 2/3/2013 8:26:53 AM
derrick112 posted...
-Damien- posted...
marcussl55 posted...
I hear what you're saying TC the combat is a little clunky but that's just something you gotta get used to. Its still an amazing game. And lets be honest if the combat was better and the game was bug free it'd be just unfair for other games out there.

well combat isn't the only Skyrim's weakness. Bland, generic, dungeon design is another. and how about enemy scaling? etc, etc? there are many other weakness, but combat is the biggest downfall, so let's start with that

*sigh*
Must I point this out again? This is not the type of comment from someone who wants an honest and civil conversation would say. Unless you are truly ignorant of other peoples feelings and opinions that is.....

You're paranoid. And where does all this feeling **** keep coming from? Even if he had said "Skyrim sucks ****s", which he didnt, you shouldn't be getting so emotional over it. That's literally fanboyism.

Also "other people's opinions that is...." actually kind of pisses me off what makes your opinions more important than his?

Run troll. Run.
---
What would Marilyn Monroe be doing if she were alive today?
.....clawing at the lid of her coffin.
#74nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 8:27:34 AM
Caribooooooou posted...

His point is "I disagree". He hasn't added anything new to the discussion that others weren't saying earlier. I know he disagrees. What should I say? "WELL I DOUBLE DISAGREE".

What's the point? I'm not gonna change his mind. I've made my points and I'm sticking to them. He hasn't really tried to debate them just more of the same from the other team, some valid ("I think combat is fine") and some irrelevant ("you're crying about Bethesda/rant mode etc.")

I'm done with him and this topic until someone has something to say that isn't fanboy assault mode or the same old **** the first few people said.

He did add something. He mentioned the rate at which combat has changed in this series, which, as far as I can tell, hasn't been mentioned so far in this topic beyond the half-assed, round-about way I, and I think another dude, did it earlier. He summed it up very succinctly and submitted it as a counter to your arguments. The point remains "in play" as it were, and although I disagree with it (I don't personally think it changed enough between Oblivion and Skyrim) it is definitely valid.

As for changing his mind, your statement implies that was a possibility at some point. This is an internet debate; minds do not get changed in these. The idea is to pit your points of opinion against another person's and see whose come out on top, after a shooting match in which certain points are brought down with facts, followed by, usually, a twisting game of logic. His point remains in the air.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#75-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:29:43 AM
derrick112 posted...
-Damien- posted...
marcussl55 posted...

*sigh*

Obviously you dont understand what civil means. I can point to any of Skyrim's weakness as long as I say it in a calm manner.

Your first post where you started with wrong! wrong! wrong! You guys are wrong! I am right! Blah blah blah..........now that's not civil.

So make sure you know the difference
#76bluedragon619Posted 2/3/2013 8:37:23 AM
If its so amateur then turn up the difficulty
---
Your dead, NOW STAY DEAD
#77CaribooooooouPosted 2/3/2013 8:41:05 AM
bluedragon619 posted...

Brilliant ****ing post.
---
What would Marilyn Monroe be doing if she were alive today?
.....clawing at the lid of her coffin.
#78jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 8:43:09 AM
bluedragon619 posted...

Congrats!
You have just won the Interwebz Nobel Prize because of your outstanding contribution to Games Discussion.
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#79nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 8:45:28 AM
Bluedragon post.

Two casualties.

A minute's silence while we remember them.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#80jodiebigballsPosted 2/3/2013 8:48:24 AM
nathraxh posted...
Bluedragon post.

Two casualties.

A minute's silence while we remember them.

Implying that I didn't know it was a joke post?
Why do you think I replied with joke post of my own? :S
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse