The official save request topic.

#41HatchetHoundPosted 2/4/2013 12:35:31 PM
Anyone who wouldn't just batch this has far more patience than I.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5cp9rm3td9d6cll

Personally, to me, it seems batching is more reliable. If it works, I can be certain that all commands were entered, and entered correctly.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#42nytecrawla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:45:10 PM
I'm not saying that a modder himself shouldn't use a batch file. I should be more specific. I think that a beginner should learn to identify which commands to use through trial and error, both as a requester and as a modder. I know that once I buy the PC version of the game (If I ever decide to go that route I should say) I will take my time learning the console commands that actually have the desired effect.

A person requesting a save mod for the very first time should not be expected to write a batch file that works as intended, especially if they cannot do any individual testing. That being said, a requester should learn the commands, eventually, and should to write a batch command.

I just don't think you can realistically expect everyone to automatically know how to write a batch file that works from the very first day that they look at console commands. Everything that is worth learning is worth practicing.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#43darkportal785Posted 2/4/2013 6:27:45 PM
Well I don't know about all that haha I just have have the Xbox version and whatnot. I think considering what you just said it might just be better to wait until dragonborn comes out.

I found what you were talking about, it is possible but I would assume it would be frowned upon.

Dragonborn comes out tomorrow so its not a long time to wait.

What are you talking about?

That's like, fooooooreeeeeeeveeeeeer.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#44HatchetHoundPosted 2/4/2013 10:00:39 PM
Okay, but I never said I expected any of that.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#45nytecrawla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:25:17 AM
Welp, this didn't really turn into anything like I hoped. I'll let it go for another 24 hrs and if no one places any requests or shares any links to files I'll let it die. Guess too many people are afraid of the chance of moderation/banning/whatever. On a site that hosts save files.
---
Well don't that just beat all?
#46HatchetHoundPosted 2/6/2013 6:38:27 AM(edited)
Well, I do have two files I need fixed, since my requests on another site haven't been filled yet.
---
#47HatchetHoundPosted 2/6/2013 6:44:19 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?q4m2jbpvjmtg8yn
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?soqfjpu7e0dp9if

and

http://www.mediafire.com/?n77b6213d0gj6tn
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?pdc0bpd2xlt25ld

Saves and text files.
---
#48LordTrinenPosted 2/6/2013 7:04:04 PM
nytecrawla posted...
Welp, this didn't really turn into anything like I hoped. I'll let it go for another 24 hrs and if no one places any requests or shares any links to files I'll let it die. Guess too many people are afraid of the chance of moderation/banning/whatever. On a site that hosts save files.

This topic is a good idea in my opinion but like you said people are afraid of getting banned. I wouldn't mind using a modded save but my problem is getting usable save files on my system. I've downloaded software that can convert PC saves into Xbox 360 saves but I'm having trouble getting it to work right. I've tried asking for help on the software's website but none of their suggestions so far have helped me. Kind of disappointing.
#49theonyxphoenixPosted 2/6/2013 7:33:47 PM
If equipment that is otherwise unequippable (like Greybeard or Nocturnal Robes) are console'd to the favorites menu can they be reequipped after being removed?
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#50HatchetHoundPosted 2/6/2013 8:56:36 PM
This topic is a good idea in my opinion but like you said people are afraid of getting banned. I wouldn't mind using a modded save but my problem is getting usable save files on my system. I've downloaded software that can convert PC saves into Xbox 360 saves but I'm having trouble getting it to work right. I've tried asking for help on the software's website but none of their suggestions so far have helped me. Kind of disappointing.

You need to start with a 360 save to do it. Put your save on a flash drive, transfer it to PC, and open it in Modio(or Horizon, or whatever you have). Then go to File Contents, extract savegame.dat, and rename it to savegame.ess. Bam. Working PC save. After you've made your edits, rename the file back to savegame.dat, and reinject it back into the Xbox save. Rehash and Resign and it should work.
---