So what would Oblivion have been like if the PC was a Dragonborn?

#11ShadowPikaPosted 2/3/2013 2:10:19 AM
ggrissom posted...
FMLG posted...
zerobobo posted...
well he could light the dragonfires rendering martin less important, but he wouldnt be able to shout or nothing since well no dragons lol

Weren't they different types of Dargonborn?

DARGONBORN! DUS RO FAH!!

I lol'd.
---
They say I'm short, I say "Que te jodan, usted es un gigante." Spanish.
XBL Gamertag: CMaStep89
#12nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 2:19:56 AM
In a discussion once about the different types of Dragonborn(s), someone mentioned the fact that technically both the CoC and the Nerevarine could've been Dragonborn.

But yeah, due to the lack of dragons and word walls, that'd be like being an information systems engineer in the middle ages.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#13Skeletal_KingPosted 2/3/2013 2:45:56 AM
nathraxh posted...
In a discussion once about the different types of Dragonborn(s), someone mentioned the fact that technically both the CoC and the Nerevarine could've been Dragonborn.

But yeah, due to the lack of dragons and word walls, that'd be like being an information systems engineer in the middle ages.

The Dragon amulet thingy (I forgot the name, sue me <_<) can only be worn if you had Dragon Blood. The CoC could not equip the amulet. So thus, he's not dragonborn.
---
http://backloggery.com/kodan882 <- Anything I'm currently playing
#14nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 2:50:11 AM
Skeletal_King posted...
nathraxh posted...

The Dragon amulet thingy (I forgot the name, sue me <_<) can only be worn if you had Dragon Blood. The CoC could not equip the amulet. So thus, he's not dragonborn.

That's what I said at the time, but it's a different type of Dragonborn, apparently. The Emperors, for instance, were not hereditary Dragonborns. They only became Dragonborn upon lighting the dragonfires at their coronation. This, apparently, was the ritual either Allesia or Reman came up with (I forget which, sue me). A run-of-the-mill Dragonborn (the PC in Skyrim) would have no reason to be able to wear it.

Much of this might be wrong, but it's what I remember from that discussion.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#15F_GalikanokusPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:16 AM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
I feel like there would have been more chicken pot pie.

Chicken pot pie? That's like my 3 favorite things!
---
"Dang girl, if you weren't a figment of my imagination, I'd wanna have your baby."
#16MastadiPosted 2/3/2013 3:33:34 AM(edited)
ggrissom posted...
FMLG posted...
zerobobo posted...
well he could light the dragonfires rendering martin less important, but he wouldnt be able to shout or nothing since well no dragons lol

Weren't they different types of Dargonborn?

DARGONBORN! DUS RO FAH!!

Davohkiin! Davohkiin!
Nazeem ol lin vos vriin!

On a more serious note, the 'dragonborn' emperors were completely unrelated to dragonborns such as the protagonist of Skyrim. The Skyrim MC wouldn't be able to put on the amulet either. They're basically two completely different things with the same name.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#17JackNurSnakPackPosted 2/3/2013 4:09:44 AM
nathraxh posted...
Skeletal_King posted...
nathraxh posted...

That's what I said at the time, but it's a different type of Dragonborn, apparently. The Emperors, for instance, were not hereditary Dragonborns. They only became Dragonborn upon lighting the dragonfires at their coronation. This, apparently, was the ritual either Allesia or Reman came up with (I forget which, sue me). A run-of-the-mill Dragonborn (the PC in Skyrim) would have no reason to be able to wear it.

I could be wrong but I think it's exactly opposite. But at the same time unless they make a dlc which makes Dovahkiin Immortal like SI did for CoC. then CoC was not DB because he will outlive Dovahkiin, seriously breaking skyrim's story.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#18FMLGPosted 2/3/2013 4:10:45 AM
JackNurSnakPack posted...
nathraxh posted...
Skeletal_King posted...
nathraxh posted...

I could be wrong but I think it's exactly opposite. But at the same time unless they make a dlc which makes Dovahkiin Immortal like SI did for CoC. then CoC was not DB because he will outlive Dovahkiin, seriously breaking skyrim's story.

Miraak says 'hi'.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#19JackNurSnakPackPosted 2/3/2013 4:23:38 AM
FMLG posted...
JackNurSnakPack posted...
nathraxh posted...
Skeletal_King posted...
nathraxh posted...

Miraak says 'hi'.

Then he says "bye" as Mora finishes him for dovahkiin and has his souls absorbed by the latter. so story still works.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#20RampagingwalrusPosted 2/3/2013 4:38:22 AM
Skeletal_King posted...

In the spirit of spreading potential misinformation...
The Dovahkiin does not have dragon blood, he has the soul of a dragon.
Having either would make one a "Dragonborn" although different types of Dragonborn.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.