Good News, Everyone! I finally found a Permanent Corpse Exploit!

#11masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 9:45:37 PM
PimpHandofGod posted...
Can you complete the related quests or do they have to stay unfinished?

Actually, in most cases you need to complete the quest in order to use these items for this purpose. When I say 'defunct,' I mean that the item is no longer needed for any related quests, yet still retains the proper scripting to keep its host body permanent. This exploit should in no way negatively affect your completion / enjoyment of the related quests.

LiqiudusSnake posted...
hey materpug, since you seem to be the authority, is there anyway to make the Aetherium crown ritual stone last longer for the undead army?

Heh...remember in Kung Fu Panda where the wise turtle Master turns to Dustin Hoffman's character and says '... ...I dunno!' That's pretty much my response here.

But in my opinion, the entire point of the Ritual / Crown glitch is that the timer no longer matters since you have infinite uses anyway. Having to recast it every few minutes is still miles and miles ahead of having it limited to a normal greater power; I've crossed at least 2/3rds of the width of the province with an army of around ten with only 4-5 recastings, iirc.

Jedisensei posted...
I can't not read this in Prof. Farnsworth's voice.

Good, that's exactly what I was going for.

Smackdowner1 posted...
Nettlebane can definitely be duplicated. I've got a stack of 51. I'll play around later with them.

I'll also try the skull keys needed for Otar. I've got multiple copies of those too.

Cool! Firstly, I only attempted it once myself, but try and walk me through every minute detail of your duping process, since I seem to be missing something. And do the copies stack with the original in your inventory?
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#12Smackdowner1Posted 2/2/2013 10:17:26 PM
Yeah they stack.

What I do is drop everything I want to duplicate on the deck of my Helcharchen Hall house, The deck is nice and flat, and stops items from rolling around too much. If I'm duplicating a lot of stuff, I'll drop a few items at a time so everything gathers in a nice pile.

I then tell my follower, Serana to pick up the items I dropped and have her wait on the deck.

I go inside the house, and then back out on to the deck. Most of things I dropped will have duplicated, but not all. I have Serana pick up the items again. and repeat the process of going inside the house, coming back out and telling her to pick stuff up until there's only a few things still left on the deck. I then trade with her, and take everything she's duplicated.

Not every item will duplicate on the first try, and some items don't seem to duplicate at all.

I seem to have the best luck when I drop more than 15 items.

I'm gonna start handing these nettlebanes to corpses now. I'll report back when I'm done.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#13Smackdowner1Posted 2/2/2013 10:19:24 PM
Oh and don't try to duplicate Witch Heads. I had a problem with the heads becoming quest-protected items again after I picked them back up.
---
#14Smackdowner1Posted 2/2/2013 11:19:49 PM
I was storing corpses in Dawnstar Sanctuary, and they started disappearing before I could finish handing out Nettlebanes.

I grabbed the two hunters from Hunters Rest, gave one of them the rest of my Nettlebane stack (one of those has to be the original), and the other my stack of Saerek's skull keys.

Currently waiting for eleven days in my house. I'll return to Dawnstar Sanctuary and see if they're still there.
---
#15Macdaddyruss1Posted 2/2/2013 11:28:53 PM
masterpug53 posted...
The slightly-bad news is that you can only affect a finite number of corpses. The great news is that the technique is incredibly easy - so easy that I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner.

You quite simply put a specific defunct quest-related item into a corpse's inventory. That's all there is to it - instant perma-corpse. Now you can keep Chief Yamarz, Sebastian Lort, Krev the Skinner, and all those other great thralls who aren't naturally blessed with permanency.

And as usual, I've done most of the hard work for you - here's a list of which items I've found (so far) that achieve this exploit:

WEAPONS

- Nettlebane
- Kavhozein's Fang

APPAREL

- Ring of Pure Mixtures
- Fjola's Wedding Band
- Saarthal Amulet
- Enchanted Ring (these are the three rings you scrounge off the floor during the Saarthal quest. However, only one of them seems to work. I don't know which one, so I just dumped all three into a single corpse's inventory to be safe, and that worked just fine.)

BOOKS AND NOTES

- Cultist's Orders (Dragonborn)
- Invitation to Elewen's Reception
- Repair Supplies (from A Night to Remember)
- Dragon Investigation: Current Status
- Elytrs' Note
- Letter From Quintus Navale

KEYS

- Mist watch Key (one word; put 'em together and gfaqs gets pissy)
- Pelagius Wing Key
- Key to Alftand Lift
- Goldenglow Safe Key

MISCELLANEOUS

- Diamond Dragon Claw
- Emerald Dragon Claw
- Iron Dragon Claw
- Essence Extractor (you can get this from Septimus Signus' ashes just before completing Discerning the Transmundane, but not after, as it will not be lootable after a certain point).

So far that's 20 workable items and 20 possible new additions to your Undead Army.

to be continued...

---
Satanism in Skyrim-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw7q2B-yhkk
#16masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:33:54 PM
The hunters in question are respawning NPCs - probably not the best NPCs to test. Not even the Oblivion perm-corpse glitch could keep respawners from respawning.

Try it out on a few residents of Darkwater Crossing (off the top of my head) - I know Annekke Crag-Jumper is not permanent on her own, and I'm pretty sure Tormir isn't either. If you can keep two NPCs around with two copies of Nettlebane, that should more than suffice.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#17hufdvhPosted 2/2/2013 11:49:45 PM
nice work pug
#18RampagingwalrusPosted 2/2/2013 11:54:17 PM
Blood on the Ice quest items should work.
The multiple "Beware of the Butcher!" notes to be specific, I believe there is a total of 21 of them.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#19Smackdowner1Posted 2/2/2013 11:54:19 PM
masterpug53 posted...
The hunters in question are respawning NPCs - probably not the best NPCs to test. Not even the Oblivion perm-corpse glitch could keep respawners from respawning.

Try it out on a few residents of Darkwater Crossing (off the top of my head) - I know Annekke Crag-Jumper is not permanent on her own, and I'm pretty sure Tormir isn't either. If you can keep two NPCs around with two copies of Nettlebane, that should more than suffice.

I know they're respawning. That's why I chose em.

I wanted to see if the game would recognize that I had a quest item on them, and either spawn a different hunter, or stop them from respawning permanently. I found one of the hunters walking out of Dawnstar Sanctuary. New model, no nettlebane.

I'll try it with non-respawning npcs now.
---
#20Smackdowner1Posted 2/3/2013 2:30:09 AM(edited)
I killed both Verner and Annekke at Darkwater Crossing.
Dead thralled them, dropped them both off at Dawnstar Sanctuary. Gave both corpses a Nettlebane.
Went back to Darkwater Crossing to get Sondas and Tormir. Both Annekke and Verner had disappeared when I returned to Dawnstar. I'm assuming this is because I re-entered Darkwater's cell.
Sondas and Tormir both have a full stack of skull keys and a Nettlebane.
Waited inside my house for 11 days .
Fast travelled to Dawnstar Sanctuary.
And Sondas and Tormir are gone.

I'm done testing for the night.

EDIT:

Actually no. One more test. I'll use an Item I haven't duped that you say works. The Emerald Dragon Claw, and using Windstad Manor, the house I store all my permanent corpses in. Tormir will be my test subject again.

Fast travelled to Solitude, Waited 11 Days.
Returned to Windstad.
And she's.....
Still there.
Went to Darkwater Crossing and came back.
Still there.

So I can confirm the trick works, but obviously there's something with using duplicated objects that stops it from working (as previously stated.)

Just tried doing this with the respawning hunters. Gave one the Essence Extractor. The other the Emerald Claw. Stored them at Windstad Manor.

Went to Hunters Rest after eleven days in Solitude. No Hunters.

Went back to Windstad, Hunters were replaced by new models, now walking around, admiring my collection of corpses. Leaving the house makes em travel back to Hunter's Rest. Both hunters had the new quest item in their inventory.

So I guess it's possible to stop respawning characters from respawning, if you store them in a location you never visit.

I wonder if they can escape prison.

I'll try turning them to Ash after.

---