Ugh, I'm so pissed right now. (Thieves Guild Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Ugh, I'm so pissed right now. (Thieves Guild Spoilers)

User Info: Usurpationblitz

Usurpationblitz
3 years ago#1
So I'm doing a Master, one life run and everything is going fine. I get to the point where Karliah shoots me with the arrow and I wake up outside. We're talking, I'm hitting A to skip past the text, and them all of the sudden a Frost Troll smacks me twice, during the conversation and kills me. I had no chance, so f***ing cheep.
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGOrlandu-1.png

User Info: __B__

__B__
3 years ago#2
Pretend it didnt happen. The game cheated, so you can cheat.
American logic.
GT: Combat 00

Usurpationblitz
3 years ago#3
This happened once to me before, but not on a one life game. That time it was a bear that attacked me when I was listening to the Orc telling me I couldn't come inside until I became blood friend, or whatever. He just wouldn't shut up, I just mashed A trying to get done with the conversation as the bear just beat my ass.

How can this happen? I mean, yeah, that's what should happen. But it's so cheep, at least exit me out right away. But what just happened, I had no chance. I was playing an Assassin, and I have no armor and not so much health.

User Info: zerobobo

zerobobo
3 years ago#4
i was fighting a bear and a dragon at the same time, doing really well (expert no crafting skills) so it was rough, but i was holding my own. all of a sudden a fugitive runs up to me and goes "HERE TAKE THIS RAT ME OUT AND ILL KILL YOU...." *dies*

rage...
Gamertag: Clonedzero

User Info: Mick65

Mick65
3 years ago#5
I swear the dragons in my game stalk couriers.
Casually Hardcore

Usurpationblitz
3 years ago#6
Ugh, I do feel it would be fair of me to stick with the character, but damn it, I don't want to cheat.

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
3 years ago#7
You can usually B out of conversations a lot faster/easier than A'ing through it.
The person will just try to re-engage you in conversation afterwards, but it should allow you to deal with any pesky wildlife.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

User Info: Mastadi

Mastadi
3 years ago#8
Usurpationblitz posted...
Ugh, I do feel it would be fair of me to stick with the character, but damn it, I don't want to cheat.

It's not cheating .The game made you die purely as a result of interface flaws. Immersion-wise, it even makes sense to reload!
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.

Usurpationblitz
3 years ago#9
You can usually B out of conversations a lot faster/easier than A'ing through it.
The person will just try to re-engage you in conversation afterwards, but it should allow you to deal with any pesky wildlife.

You can't B out of story conversations, you have to listen to them. If you could, speed runs would be a lot quicker.

And you are seriously discounting how quickly I died. It was boom/boom, dead. Not even a second.

User Info: Arctic_Sunrise

Arctic_Sunrise
3 years ago#10
I think you can overlook this as a voiding of your one-life run. Certain game mechanics are beyond your control, such as being attacked during unavoidable essential conversations. Chalk it up to Bethy's trollface and continue.
"And I say: "Look! I have hands!" But the people all around me say: "What are hands?" - Lady Jessica, 'Dune'
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Ugh, I'm so pissed right now. (Thieves Guild Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived