bethesda should add a perk that fix frost/ice spells

#31FreeMan5407(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 1:17:50 PM
Halectic posted...
When i go up against something that resists or is immune to Ice on my frost mage, i summon a Frost Atronach, problem solved.

conjuration /=/ destruction, and do not solve anything, because is about balance - NOT viability
#32LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 1:37:52 PM
What mages have you watched, that run up to enemies with their spells, and survive?
Mages are best when there is distance between them. That is why when you fight them in game, they rotate and back peddle, it makes fighting more efficient.
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
Waiting for: Dragon Age 3, Pokemon X/Y
#33Gray_wolf1119Posted 2/3/2013 2:00:11 PM
LordTalyn posted...
Suggested Perks for frost:
Destruction Dual Casting, Augmented Frost (increases damage), Deep Freeze(chance to paralyze), Impact(causes stagger with dual cast).
Possibly spell cost reduction, to make it easier for constant casting.

Other Suggestions:
Start getting the higher level spells-
-Icy Spear, Ice Spike, Ice Storm, Frost Cloak, Wall of Frost.
-Even Blizzard
-Frost Atronach/Thrall (Conjuration but still ice themed)
-Frost Rune...maybe if you like runes. If you do, get Rune mastery perk as well.

If you need more of a boost-
-Get dragonborn DLC and go for the Dragon priest mask: Dukaan. Gives 25% more damage to frost...including enchanted weapons as well as giving you 50% frost resist. Can be upgraded with ebony ingots for some armor. (requires daedric smithing)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dukaan_(Mask)

Frost can be a completely viable style of game play.
This video may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=42GieIbD4o4

So your evidence of Frost magic being powerful is a heavy armored (daedric) destruction mage casting the master alteration spell that maxes out your armor (unnecessary), with 100% destruction magic reduction, stacking fortify restoration and destruction potions, dual casting frost cloak, and then aggroing the giants.

clearly you have won this argument. /sarcasm

Also, the player is on PC you have no idea what mods he is running, and if its explained in the description i have no idea because i cant read eastern european languages.
---
GT: Fang1192
www.Tvtropes.org
#34LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 2:09:27 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
LordTalyn posted...
Suggested Perks for frost:
Destruction Dual Casting, Augmented Frost (increases damage), Deep Freeze(chance to paralyze), Impact(causes stagger with dual cast).
Possibly spell cost reduction, to make it easier for constant casting.

Other Suggestions:
Start getting the higher level spells-
-Icy Spear, Ice Spike, Ice Storm, Frost Cloak, Wall of Frost.
-Even Blizzard
-Frost Atronach/Thrall (Conjuration but still ice themed)
-Frost Rune...maybe if you like runes. If you do, get Rune mastery perk as well.

If you need more of a boost-
-Get dragonborn DLC and go for the Dragon priest mask: Dukaan. Gives 25% more damage to frost...including enchanted weapons as well as giving you 50% frost resist. Can be upgraded with ebony ingots for some armor. (requires daedric smithing)
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dukaan_(Mask)

Frost can be a completely viable style of game play.
This video may help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=42GieIbD4o4

So your evidence of Frost magic being powerful is a heavy armored (daedric) destruction mage casting the master alteration spell that maxes out your armor (unnecessary), with 100% destruction magic reduction, stacking fortify restoration and destruction potions, dual casting frost cloak, and then aggroing the giants.

clearly you have won this argument. /sarcasm

Also, the player is on PC you have no idea what mods he is running, and if its explained in the description i have no idea because i cant read eastern european languages.

It is an example. You can clearly see based on the numbers in the spell list that the damage values are the same. You do not need any alteration spells or 100% cost reduction or potions.
I gave a list of perks and the Dukaan mask which increases frost damage to make it more effective.

Do you not notice, that the player back peddles, and rotates? Potions are unnecessary.
When you walk backwards, it gives space between you and your enemy.
Your enemy tries to run after you.
The enemy is slowed down. (impact can stagger then)
Dukaan, and frost perks increase damage (A perk can cause paralyze)
This makes damage go up, and can become effective against enemies that have the 50% frost resist.
Frost is more for slowing down and immobilizing your enemy, to take them down.
It just requires a slightly different play-style then fire or shock.
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
#35FreeMan5407(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:11:09 PM
LordTalyn posted...
What mages have you watched, that run up to enemies with their spells, and survive?
Mages are best when there is distance between them. That is why when you fight them in game, they rotate and back peddle, it makes fighting more efficient.

is not about the mage, is the ice spells, i look at the video and even prove me right , why?

while 50 giants is not an easy task, the thing is all of them are friendly even on close range.

1) giants have a overall resist on magic, doing this against mammoth will be a little different, against deathlord is another story or against centurions you will never touch them
2) using potion prove me that ice/frost need a buff, even with potion the damage wasnt that great he/she use blizzard/ice spear/ice storm and ice rune all of them dual cast
3) why even bother when the player have the max AR did you see the little dam that all the strike do and free magicka or very close to spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, back pedal, spam, spam, sure the same could say about fire and shock but much faster less annoying
4) i don't even know is on master or expert, why the player don't confront 50 master vampire or enemies with ice resistant with ice spells?
#36LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 2:29:32 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
LordTalyn posted...

is not about the mage, is the ice spells, i look at the video and even prove me right , why?

while 50 giants is not an easy task, the thing is all of them are friendly even on close range.

1) giants have a overall resist on magic, doing this against mammoth will be a little different, against deathlord is another story or against centurions you will never touch them
2) using potion prove me that ice/frost need a buff, even with potion the damage wasnt that great he/she use blizzard/ice spear/ice storm and ice rune all of them dual cast
3) why even bother when the player have the max AR did you see the little dam that all the strike do and free magicka or very close to spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, back pedal, spam, spam, sure the same could say about fire and shock but much faster less annoying
4) i don't even know is on master or expert, why the player don't confront 50 master vampire or enemies with ice resistant with ice spells?

After an attack they all become hostile. That is what those little red dots mean.

1: Lol. Overall magic resist is actually better than frost resist. 33% Magic resist still resists frost. Mammoths resist frost by 33%. It would have the same result.
2. You don't need potions, just the perks and possibly the mask Dukaan. The spells hit multiple creatures, if you see low damage to health bars, it is the one that was barely hit. Watch the effects on the health bars.
3. Fire has a DoT effect. Of course it will do more damage.
4. Refer to 1.
---
#37FreeMan5407(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:05:56 PM
lol except is 50% not 33%. is a huge difference

and fire have aspect of terror overall do more damage combine this with dot , did i mention in the game you will have around 50%chances to find ice dragons , it means they have ice resistant if you combine this with the frost dragons lvl spawn, everywhere you go you will find an enemy that resist the spell even your game wifey wth? jajajaja, note: all or must of the ice resistant is 50%
#38LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 3:28:27 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...

and fire have aspect of terror overall do more damage combine this with dot , did i mention in the game you will have around 50%chances to find ice dragons , it means they have ice resistant if you combine this with the frost dragons lvl spawn, everywhere you go you will find an enemy that resist the spell even your game wifey wth? jajajaja, note: all or must of the ice resistant is 50%

Then do what a previous poster said and.....Don't use frost, since you don't like possible solutions.
But a complete frost play-through is possible.
If a nord can be killed by frost, so can a frost dragon and so can a vampire.
---
#39FreeMan5407(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:52:21 PM
LordTalyn posted...
FreeMan5407 posted...

Then do what a previous poster said and.....Don't use frost, since you don't like possible solutions.
But a complete frost play-through is possible.
If a nord can be killed by frost, so can a frost dragon and so can a vampire.

who says is not possible?, and is not about beating the game or creating an ice mage, is just about balancing

when fire and shock mage can be far more superior and effective, it means something is wrong with ice one of the reason is the ridiculous huge number of enemy that resist it, a freaking perk like the one i suggest can simply "fix it". i was hoping reading better ideas, i guess some people like things below average and they find shooting 20+ spears on a single enemy extremely fun -_-