So... why won't Volkihar Keep's door open?

#1nothingbeastPosted 2/2/2013 11:43:01 PM
I wake Serana, we take the boat, pass the gargoyles, she gives me the "I wanna go my own way" speech, guard opens the portcullis......... and as far as i'm concerned the door is just a painting on a stone wall.

I have reloaded a previous save where I hadn't even begun looking for Fort Dawnguard.... (several hours lost), I've cleared my cache.... I deleted the DLC completely and redownloaded it.

Nothing will open that door. The quest marker hovers and mocks me as I frantically try to open it.

Certain shopkeepers getting permanently murdered by Vampire attacks, never to return... I can at least work around that. Disappearing hair when I equip certain head gear... I never see anything but my hands anyway. All this glitch does is make me forget about buying any more DLC.

Any ideas other than starting up a new character and hoping for the best? Because if my only option is throwing away my 70+ hour vampire, I think i'll just move on to the next game in my backlog.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#2SkeddyConwayPosted 2/2/2013 11:57:59 PM
Sucks man. I have nothin that can help, just wanted to stop in and say how sorry I am. I feel your pain.
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#3nathraxhPosted 2/2/2013 11:59:17 PM
Have you tried removing and reinstalling the DLC?
---
Dwarf shortage.
#4WTF_LOOK_UPPosted 2/3/2013 1:18:57 AM(edited)
nothingbeast posted...
..."I have reloaded a previous save where I hadn't even begun looking for Fort Dawnguard.... (several hours lost), I've cleared my cache.... I deleted the DLC completely and redownloaded it....".

nathraxh posted...

this for a dude who understands your post
---
Ago Intus Vita
#5justaguyx2Posted 2/3/2013 7:32:02 AM
Have you tried just walking through the wall. I get that bug at the Collage sometimes, but you can walk right through it and it's just a graphics glitch, not a wall.
#6nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 7:57:19 AM
WTF_LOOK_UP posted...
nothingbeast posted...
..."I have reloaded a previous save where I hadn't even begun looking for Fort Dawnguard.... (several hours lost), I've cleared my cache.... I deleted the DLC completely and redownloaded it....".

nathraxh posted...

this for a dude who understands your post

Well, I musta' missed that...

I'll be on my way... >.>
---
Dwarf shortage.
#7nothingbeast(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:36:54 AM(edited)
Well, I found a "way" around this.... though it's hardly satisfactory.

I reloaded a previous character save file that existed before Dawnguard was released. I don't know what caused the door to be inaccessible.... but it appears there's no fix. This bug doesn't seem to be widespread enough to garner a mention UESP's Skyrim pages so i'm willing to bet there's not patch in the works.

I guess it'll do for 'cheevo hunting, but i'm a little more than upset the character I built to specifically be a Vampire has some weird Wile E. Coyote scheme blocking his path to becoming a Lord. (that's a door painted on a wall for the younger kids not getting the reference)

Even after getting through the door, I reloaded the "broken" file to see if it caused a fix. Nope. So I guess, anyone wanting to do Dawnguard should get there as soon as they hit LV10 instead of waiting because it seems the door is forever closed.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.