mental state of imperial lovers

#11SoulOfFaythPosted 2/3/2013 7:15:00 AM
Because the Empire has been around since most people started playing TES and they're afraid if something changes it will have an enormous impact on their way of life. Most people don't like change.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#12Billy-De-KidPosted 2/3/2013 8:06:56 AM
Empire+Skyrim= Diversity and Peace

Empire-Skyrim= Skyrim full of Nords and their High Elven Masters OR

Empire-Skryim= The Thalmor kills everyone in Skyirm OR

Empire-Skyrim= Ulfric on his knees begging the Emperor for help fighting the Thalmor in Skyrim.

Don't worship Talos until the Empire takes out the Thalmor, or have Skyrim taken over by the Thalmor.

I'd say my mental state is pretty stable.
---
Check out the Star Fox Story on the Star Fox Assault board! URL: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561297-star-fox-assault/61765635
bold
#13nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 8:27:31 AM
Serious answers are wasted in this topic, as tempting as they are.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#14ToraKytePosted 2/3/2013 8:45:23 AM
Best of two evils. I hate both sides, which is why I always save the Civil War for last, if I even do it at all. At first, I hated Ulfric and everything he stood for. The Stormcloaks always struck me as racist twelve-year-olds throwing a tantrum. Now, after listening to Ulfric, I don't hate him as much (him going ape**** on Elisif at the peace council didn't hurt my image of him) but I still don't like the group as a whole.

On the other hand, the Empire is supported by a lot of people I actually like. Hadvar, Alvor and Balgruuf to name a few. I hate that they support the Thalmor but I see them as being "in the right" anyway. Now, there are plenty of things I hate about the Empire. Tullius tends to strike me as stuck up and looking down on others. Supporting the Empire means making Maven Black-Briar Jarl and I hate her. And, of course, no matter how many Thalmor I kill, supporting the Empire means supporting those narcissistic b******s. I'd be tempted to join the Stormcloaks simply because I hate those elves.

Anyway, I wish the Greybeards would take more action in this Civil War, so I could shut up both sides. But, a lot of the people I like support the Empire and taking their side means more Hadvar (which is always a good thing). Besides, I can kill Thalmor soldiers on my own time.
#15Billy-De-KidPosted 2/3/2013 8:58:27 AM
ToraKyte posted...
Best of two evils. I hate both sides, which is why I always save the Civil War for last, if I even do it at all. At first, I hated Ulfric and everything he stood for. The Stormcloaks always struck me as racist twelve-year-olds throwing a tantrum. Now, after listening to Ulfric, I don't hate him as much (him going ape**** on Elisif at the peace council didn't hurt my image of him) but I still don't like the group as a whole.

On the other hand, the Empire is supported by a lot of people I actually like. Hadvar, Alvor and Balgruuf to name a few. I hate that they support the Thalmor but I see them as being "in the right" anyway. Now, there are plenty of things I hate about the Empire. Tullius tends to strike me as stuck up and looking down on others. Supporting the Empire means making Maven Black-Briar Jarl and I hate her. And, of course, no matter how many Thalmor I kill, supporting the Empire means supporting those narcissistic b******s. I'd be tempted to join the Stormcloaks simply because I hate those elves.

Anyway, I wish the Greybeards would take more action in this Civil War, so I could shut up both sides. But, a lot of the people I like support the Empire and taking their side means more Hadvar (which is always a good thing). Besides, I can kill Thalmor soldiers on my own time.

The Empire is currently planning an attack on the Thalmor, they're just waiting for the right moment... I think........................
---
Check out the Star Fox Story on the Star Fox Assault board! URL: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561297-star-fox-assault/61765635
bold
#16Wings of FortePosted 2/3/2013 9:27:23 AM
I only seek to fight the strongest of opponents and dominate them in combat. Perhaps that's due to my dragon blood, my Nordic heritage, or spirit of the beast that comes with joining the Circle. I do not care for the pithy dealings of weaklings, I only serve where my whim desires. I desire an equal in battle. I only side with the Empire to do battle with Ulfric in the hopes that I get a good fight out of him. I worship neither Aedra nor Daedra too cowardly to best me in a fight. The Thalmor can try to wipe out Talos as they please, I will spill their pitiful world-rejecting blood. I will bring the Dominion to its knees and burn the pathetic scourge of Alinor. I will reign in the dragons and take the Mantle, if Talos dies then I shall supplant him.

I am Soansyke Dovahkiin, the Rending Spirit. I do not serve the Empire, the Empire serves me!
---
A.K.A Red Dingo
#17nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 9:35:45 AM
Wings of Forte posted...
I only seek to fight the strongest of opponents and dominate them in combat. Perhaps that's due to my dragon blood, my Nordic heritage, or spirit of the beast that comes with joining the Circle. I do not care for the pithy dealings of weaklings, I only serve where my whim desires. I desire an equal in battle. I only side with the Empire to do battle with Ulfric in the hopes that I get a good fight out of him. I worship neither Aedra nor Daedra too cowardly to best me in a fight. The Thalmor can try to wipe out Talos as they please, I will spill their pitiful world-rejecting blood. I will bring the Dominion to its knees and burn the pathetic scourge of Alinor. I will reign in the dragons and take the Mantle, if Talos dies then I shall supplant him.

I am Soansyke Dovahkiin, the Rending Spirit. I do not serve the Empire, the Empire serves me!

Well, I s'pose that's fair enough.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#18Omni024Posted 2/3/2013 9:40:12 AM
The Thalmor can't beat the Stormcloaks on thier own. Skyrim gains it's independence and them even though Cyrodil, Skyrim and High Rock would all be independent, that's still three nations that hate you...and three fronts they'd have to deal with.
#19lordofchaos17Posted 2/3/2013 10:15:56 AM
Omni024 posted...
The Thalmor can't beat the Stormcloaks on thier own. Skyrim gains it's independence and them even though Cyrodil, Skyrim and High Rock would all be independent, that's still three nations that hate you...and three fronts they'd have to deal with.

But those would be two countries weakened by a civil war, and Hammerfell which has its own damn problems. Morrowind is ash, so no one there will help and the Argonians don't give a damn. Exactly why my main Dragonborn has nothing to do with the war.
---
So says the High Necromancer of the Slaughterfish!
#20MGSFAN612Posted 2/3/2013 10:16:11 AM
I just feel really guilty siding with the Empire when they willingly give their own citizens over to the Thalmor to be killed like they did with that Gray Mane guy(or was he captured in battle? I has been a while since I did the quest)
---
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
PSN: MGSFAN612 MGO: Cobra316