just tried to play morrowind. Wow

#11spacecowboy44Posted 2/3/2013 10:16:23 AM
when ppl say stuff like this do they even realize how old the game is?...i mean really you cant expect it to be like skyrim...it isnt an easy game but its well worth playing if you stick with it
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#12X ProwLPosted 2/3/2013 10:28:02 AM
Miss.
Miss.
Miss.
Miss.

Or

You failed to cast the spell.

Oh the good old days.

Thankgod Beth realized raising any combat skill like this was incredibly annoying.
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#13GBALoserPosted 2/3/2013 10:30:06 AM

Aw, screw it. *makes a scroll with 100 to all elements, AoE 1000, casts it on the Red Mountain*
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#14DeathEater30(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:48:14 AM
Age of game means nothing I still enjoy baldurs gate and Deus ex and KOTOR and countless other xbox, ps1 and ps2 RPGs. Morrowind just did not age well IMO. Btw if you haven't played it you should track down Arx fatalis for Xbox awesome game.
#15nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 11:55:15 AM
KOTOR. That's another game I need to re-try. I had the same problem I did with Morrowind, but I was more like 17 when I failed to get into that one.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#16DeathEater30(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 11:58:04 AM
If you like Star Wars it's awesome if not Might be hard to get into.
#17nathraxhPosted 2/3/2013 12:06:37 PM
DeathEater30 posted...
If you like Star Wars it's awesome if not Might be hard to get into.

Star Wars films, I like. I liked the lore in all six movies. I enjoyed the Jedi Knight games for gameplay, but I wasn't such a fan of the way they expanded the lore.

Do they do it well in KOTOR? And has it aged well?
---
Dwarf shortage.
#18ploomerPosted 2/3/2013 12:14:52 PM
I tried playing Morrowind like 6 or 7 years ago after I had tried Oblivion at a friends house and I couldn't believe the difficulty...A mudcrab destroyed me in the first area and I ended up giving up and just getting Oblivion. If it's as fun as you guys say later on I might have to track down a copy.
---
Were here for a good time, not a long time
#19DeathEater30(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:16:15 PM(edited)
I still enjoy KOTOR quite a bit the combat can seem strange I guess it's sort of dragon age like where you have to pause and issue commands a lot. It doesn't perform we'll on the 360 either lots of frame rate issues but still playable.
#20nytecrawlaPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:32 PM
DeathEater30 posted...
I still enjoy KOTOR quite a bit the combat can seem strange I guess it's sort of dragon age like where you have to pause and issue commands a lot. It doesn't perform we'll on the 360 either lots of frame rate issues but still playable.

^That is a pretty accurate summary. If you don't mind menu's (this game feels like Mass Effect the prequel sometimes) it is a decent play through. The dialogue is actually pretty engaging, especially HK-47. I also enjoyed the Lightsaber crafting system though the morality system felt a bit forced at times.
---
Well don't that just beat all?