How do you "Explore" Skyrim

#11CrimsonCorpPosted 2/3/2013 5:05:12 PM
Froakie posted...
Since my first game was glitched as hell because I went to every cave, I do the third option now.

....This ain't gonna help my OCD :P

I guess i'll just have to look them up as I go. It's a hassle though.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#12ben_foxPosted 2/3/2013 5:29:13 PM
You can generally go freely into any cave or dungeon you find.

To coexist with the Radiant system, if it gives you an area you've cleared, simply wait for the area to respawn (usually a game month) and return to it. If you aren't sure of when you cleared the area, wait a month after getting the quest. This will avoid most of the problems you'll encounter. Some of the newer radiant quests are nice enough to force-respawn at the very least the enemy/container you need to complete them.

The big danger is in picking up items that are related to a quest that you don't have yet, which can result in the quest bugging and you being stuck with an item in your inventory you can't remove. Before picking up a unique item, I would check to make sure there's no quest attached to it, but beyond that, adventure away.
#13TorlovskPosted 2/3/2013 5:51:58 PM
#3. Clear all of the dungeons, Hold by Hold, unless it's related to a questline, in which case I'll probably save it for later.
#14EmblemWarriorPosted 2/3/2013 7:02:37 PM
ben_fox posted...

To coexist with the Radiant system, if it gives you an area you've cleared, simply wait for the area to respawn (usually a game month) and return to it. If you aren't sure of when you cleared the area, wait a month after getting the quest. This will avoid most of the problems you'll encounter. Some of the newer radiant quests are nice enough to force-respawn at the very least the enemy/container you need to complete them.

The big danger is in picking up items that are related to a quest that you don't have yet, which can result in the quest bugging and you being stuck with an item in your inventory you can't remove. Before picking up a unique item, I would check to make sure there's no quest attached to it, but beyond that, adventure away.

Amulets of Talos...
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#15ben_foxPosted 2/3/2013 7:58:59 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
Amulets of Talos...

To be fair, you have to loot one particular instance of the Amulet of Talos under very specific circumstances to trigger that particular bug. The amulet is generally safe to pick up, unless you make a habit of picking over the bodies of the publicly executed before the blood has even dried on the headsman's axe.
#16DarkSeraphMPosted 2/4/2013 3:16:11 PM
EmblemWarrior posted...
ben_fox posted...

Amulets of Talos...

To get rid of your stack of Amulets, there is a fix. You'll still have a misc. objective in your quest log, but it's better than items you can't remove. Go to Solitude and talk to a little girl named Svari. She's one of the small group that runs around playing tag. Talk to her about getting her mother to return to the Temple. Then go talk to the mother. She'll say something about "if I had my brother's amulet..." then you can say "Actually, I've got it right here..." She won't take it, even though the game may act like she does. But you can then reverse-pickpocket one of them onto her person and you then should be able to drop/sell the rest of the stack. Worked for me.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#17EmblemWarriorPosted 2/4/2013 5:02:29 PM
ben_fox posted...
EmblemWarrior posted...
Amulets of Talos...

To be fair, you have to loot one particular instance of the Amulet of Talos under very specific circumstances to trigger that particular bug. The amulet is generally safe to pick up, unless you make a habit of picking over the bodies of the publicly executed before the blood has even dried on the headsman's axe.

SO, 90% of all ES players
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.
#18ieatdirttooPosted 2/4/2013 5:37:39 PM
Seems to me that exploring dungeons early in this game doesn't have bad consequences. Now, being TES vet I realize why you ppl would be skeptical. However, I haven't ran into any problems and I pretty much just choose dungeons at will.
---
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly - Winston Churchill