Is there a fix for Hearthfire/Dark Brotherhood conflict

#1NoidManPosted 2/3/2013 8:10:11 AM
So I've completed all the side missions for the Dark Brotherhood, becoming a Thane of Falkreath beforehand. Now that I have Hearthfire I've discovered that I can't enjoy some of its content because of this. Is there a solution to this that doesn't involve modding?
#2Arkma3Posted 2/3/2013 8:16:41 AM
If you're referring to the DB Quest 'Kill Helvard', then sorry but no, there's no way around it without the PC's console, at least with the original Jarl.

If you complete the Civil War Questline in favour of the Stormcloaks, I *think* you might be able to then purchase the house (once Dengeir of Stuhn takes up his new position of Jarl). I can't confirm this however.
---
...Always look on the bright side of life, doo doo...
#3NoidMan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:22:30 AM
Yeah I've finished it...for the Empire.

Pretty crappy of Beth that you can't have the content due to stuff you did in the game before these expansions were even announced.
#4Arkma3Posted 2/3/2013 8:27:19 AM
Yeah it's pretty bad, I think this is purely an oversight on Bethesda's part, and wouldn't be surprised to see it addressed in a future patch.

If it's any consolation (and it's probably not), Lakeview Manor is widely reported as being the most 'buggy' of the 3 houses.
---
...Always look on the bright side of life, doo doo...
#5FMLGPosted 2/3/2013 8:29:48 AM
I never had a problem personally. I did the Dark Brotherhood first, then the Empire, the Hearthfire...
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#6NoidMan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:33:20 AM
But have you completed all of Nazir's side missions? There's one that takes you to assassinate someone high-up in Falkreath's court that lowers your disposition with the Jarl...even though I killed this person while everyone in the Longhouse was sleeping and nobody in the entire city saw me.
#7FMLGPosted 2/3/2013 8:41:45 AM
NoidMan posted...
But have you completed all of Nazir's side missions? There's one that takes you to assassinate someone high-up in Falkreath's court that lowers your disposition with the Jarl...even though I killed this person while everyone in the Longhouse was sleeping and nobody in the entire city saw me.

Yes, completed that. Not sure bbut I think the order I did the quests affects it.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
#8clownsePosted 2/3/2013 9:16:09 AM
Wtf? never knew of this bug... Is this known to happen the majority of the time?
#9NoidMan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:23:47 AM
Yeah, lots of people seem to have it. I looked it up on Bethesda's forum even but the people there don't seem to have the best reading comprehension.
#10FMLGPosted 2/3/2013 9:35:54 AM
NoidMan posted...
Yeah, lots of people seem to have it. I looked it up on Bethesda's forum even but the people there don't seem to have the best reading comprehension.

Link? I want to see the responses, seems amusing.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!