Lockpicking or Speech?

#1Dragoon08Posted 2/3/2013 8:35:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like maxmize either Speech or Lockpicking...

What would you think would be better? I would like to have the +50% special treasures but at the same time seeling to all merchants everything is awesome too.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,
Alex
---
Black 2 FC : 4986 2967 8982
#2justaguyx2Posted 2/3/2013 8:38:17 AM
I would do speech. I am able to pick a master lock at level one with enough picks. While speech gives you the ability to invest, bribe, and get rid of useless loot a lot easier.
#3SchesparnPosted 2/3/2013 8:57:21 AM
If it were me, I'd split the difference. I'd put five perks in Lockpicking (to get Golden Touch and more importantly Treasure Hunter), and four (maybe five) into Speech, to get Merchant and Investor, and maybe Fence if you're playing a thief.

But if you wanna maximize just one of them, I'd go with Speech. Being able to sell anything to any merchant can be a big time-and-effort saver.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#4dratsablivePosted 2/3/2013 9:35:32 AM
Schesparn posted...
If it were me, I'd split the difference. I'd put five perks in Lockpicking (to get Golden Touch and more importantly Treasure Hunter), and four (maybe five) into Speech, to get Merchant and Investor, and maybe Fence if you're playing a thief.

But if you wanna maximize just one of them, I'd go with Speech. Being able to sell anything to any merchant can be a big time-and-effort saver.

I've only put one perk in lockpicking, and I can open all locks pretty easily. I keep a ring of lockpicking on hand to make it easier.
---
Xbox Live and PSN dratsablive
#5AndroxineVortexPosted 2/3/2013 9:56:02 AM
I've always had a hard time with lockpicking. I can never get anything expert or above.

Me walking up to chest at a dungeon.

Hey what's in here?

PICK MASTER LOCK

I guess I'll never know -___________-

In a previous comment I made in another thread I went on saying that speech is not that good but in comparison to lockpicking I would choose speech. Speech guarantees you a good profit where lockpicking is all chance. One time I wasted like ten picks to only get crappy gear and six pieces of gold. Lockpicking can be good sometimes but speech is better all around so I say speech.
#6SchesparnPosted 2/3/2013 9:56:40 AM
That's not relevant. I'm not talking about lockpicking's difficulty, or lack thereof. He specifically mentioned the Treasure Hunter perk, which takes five points to get.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#7JINJ0Posted 2/3/2013 10:11:31 AM
Once you get used to it, it will take you less than 10 picks to find the sweet spot for master level locks through trial and error (my average is 3), and it's even easier if you have some enchanted lockpicking gear that you equip just for the occasion. Also, you will get to a point where you have more lockpicks than you will ever really need. In light of all of this information, the lockpicking perks aren't very necessary beyond role playing reasons.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....
#8dave_is_slickPosted 2/3/2013 10:16:13 AM
Once you get used to it, it will take you less than 10 picks to find the sweet spot for master level locks

HELL F***ING NO! Why would you lie about something like that?
---
Clementine is my baby. I will fight anyone to the death if they say otherwise!!
#9thermopylaePosted 2/3/2013 10:16:18 AM
you could keep the skeleton key for a while and get a bunch of picks from the hidden chests.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#10TurboReaperPosted 2/3/2013 10:54:50 AM
dave_is_slick posted...
Once you get used to it, it will take you less than 10 picks to find the sweet spot for master level locks

HELL F***ING NO! Why would you lie about something like that?

That person is right. With zero perks in lock picking I can usually crack a master lock in under 5 picks.
---
GT: HiPOJaK
I'm so happy I could just tear out your intestines and strangle you with them! -Sheogorath