Something simple I think would improve the combat in ES VI

#195_EclipsePosted 2/3/2013 10:56:04 AM
I know there is that one thread, but it was full of trolling from the start lol o.o

Anyway to the point, if you swing your sword at the same time, they should clash together. This simple change, I think would make the combat more enjoyable in the long run. It would mean you would have to approach combat with a bit of a plan instead of being able to button mash your way through 90% of the enemies in the game.

This esp would make the shield bash far more useful in combat, ofcourse, they would have to be careful not to over do it, by making the AI auto swing when ever you do that would be annoying, but making evading and blocking more important, I think would make it more fun.

What do you guys think?

Expanded ideas, different idea's etc are welcome. Also, how do you think they could improve magic combat to make it more interesting?
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#2lordsofshadowPosted 2/3/2013 10:57:40 AM
More weight to the combat . Yes please .
#3AnakeriePosted 2/3/2013 11:13:35 AM
I've found after playing Dragon's Dogma, I have a very hard time getting used to the combat in Skyrim again. The ability to climb large enemies and the surrounding terrain has spoiled me. After you jump off a cliff onto the head of a cyclops, and spend a harrowing minute dangling from a tusk until you can get your bearings and start whacking it in the eye, everything else seems a bit bland. Imagine fighting a dragon in Skyrim, and when it flies off, be able to hang on to it's back and go off right along with it, attacking it the entire time as it tries to shake you off. Well, that's just standard in DD. I love Skyrim and there are lot of things they do right, but for the next ES game they really need to step up the combat in a major way: adding the climbing feature would be step in the right direction.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#4Billy-De-KidPosted 2/3/2013 11:29:50 AM
Maybe since they published Dishonored, Bethesda will put in climbing and sword clashing in the next ES. Unlikely, but a man can dream, can't he?
---
Check out the Star Fox Story on the Star Fox Assault board! URL: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/561297-star-fox-assault/61765635
bold
#5SchesparnPosted 2/3/2013 11:30:44 AM
I'd like a targeting system. Not like VATS, but like... You push a button, and your character automatically stays oriented towards your opponent until you cancel the targeting or they die.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#6VasDeferensPosted 2/3/2013 12:02:08 PM
The ability to climb large enemies

Which these Capcom games have in abundance, almost to a cliche .
#7The_Ivory_ManPosted 2/3/2013 12:03:00 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Maybe since they published Dishonored, Bethesda will put in climbing and sword clashing in the next ES. Unlikely, but a man can dream, can't he?

I wouldn't doubt it, It would be cool
#8NicodaemosPosted 2/3/2013 12:10:10 PM
Sounds like it could work, but I don't think 1 handed weapons should be able to deflect 2 handed weapons, and daggers shouldn't be able to deflect anything.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#9darkportal785Posted 2/3/2013 12:12:57 PM
I think even just adding weight behind each attack would make the combat much better than it is now.
---
Hey! Who's that thinkin' nasty thoughts? Nasty boys.
#10AnakeriePosted 2/3/2013 12:17:15 PM
I really want more combat skills other than power-attacks. I get rather tired of just slashing. Even as flawed as Kingdoms of Amalur was, it still had better combat.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna