Still $59.99...

#21justaguyx2Posted 2/3/2013 2:49:49 PM
Are we talking about NASCAR now?? Jeepers. All I know is that if you can't make a living at home.

Step one. Go on google

Step two. Locate a town in need of skilled people.

Step three. Move to town and get a job that pays out

Step four. Stop watching NASCAR. People only go to those events for the tail gating, and the crashes.
#2295_EclipsePosted 2/3/2013 3:08:26 PM(edited)
Valtiel43 posted...
<

The most watched motorsport because it's pretty much the only one that gets any media coverage. Autocross is a billion times more interesting than circle track.

That's an opinion that ratings do not support. "circle tracks" are far more complicated than narrow minded people realize, hence the reason super stars from other racing series fail in NASCAR consistently.

Edit : Most people who dislike nascar do so on baseless ignorant assumptions. Ironic based on what most of them say about it.

As for the $60 price on games, it can be a bit rough when multiple good games come out close together, but aside from that, $60 is a fair price for most games.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#23DaCSSMastahPosted 2/3/2013 3:07:26 PM
If you want to talk about games that never drop in price, talk about Nintendo games.
---
Graphic Designer since birth - www.cibgraphics.com
PRETTY + SMART: It takes more than good looks to make a design effective
#24_Spacio_Posted 2/3/2013 3:19:05 PM
For me I usually compare game price vs. movie theater price. To go see a movie at a theater, depending on whether its 3d or not, IMAX, whatever, can cost anywhere between 10 and 20 bucks before food. Movies nowadays run on average I'd say about 2 hours long.

Now compare a game, 60 bucks and they usually run anywhere from 10 ish hours of single player plus unknown hours of multiplayer to an easy 100+ hours in a game like skyrim.

Now say you see a movie on a cheap day so your ticket costs 10 bucks, that gets you 2 hours of entertainment once. By that ration, I expect a 60 dollar game to give me at least 12 hours of entertainment. Granted many games fall short of this, especially if you aren't into online play. However for a game like skyrim, 60 dollars for 100+ hours is one hell of a bargain.

Just my 2 septims.
---
"I don't do ups, ups defy gravity, gravity is a law and I obey the law!"
#25Valtiel43Posted 2/3/2013 3:22:24 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Valtiel43 posted...
<

The most watched motorsport because it's pretty much the only one that gets any media coverage. Autocross is a billion times more interesting than circle track.

That's an opinion that ratings do not support.

Refer to my previous post. If drag racing or autocross or even ralley racing got the media and sponsorships like Nascar then they would most likely having similar ratings.

And a Nascar driver will fail in an autocross or drag race and vice versa, that's just common sense. And I build hot rods and have built cars for all types of racing, so I know exactly what goes into each one.
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
#26XydruPosted 2/3/2013 3:41:02 PM
_Spacio_ posted...
For me I usually compare game price vs. movie theater price. To go see a movie at a theater, depending on whether its 3d or not, IMAX, whatever, can cost anywhere between 10 and 20 bucks before food. Movies nowadays run on average I'd say about 2 hours long.

Now compare a game, 60 bucks and they usually run anywhere from 10 ish hours of single player plus unknown hours of multiplayer to an easy 100+ hours in a game like skyrim.

Now say you see a movie on a cheap day so your ticket costs 10 bucks, that gets you 2 hours of entertainment once. By that ration, I expect a 60 dollar game to give me at least 12 hours of entertainment. Granted many games fall short of this, especially if you aren't into online play. However for a game like skyrim, 60 dollars for 100+ hours is one hell of a bargain.

Just my 2 septims.

More or less how I see video games. They're an entertainment product, so their value comes from the amount of time it can keep me entertained.
Skyrim, with all dlc, all full price, has costed me $0.21/hour since I first got it.
---
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
For you lazy/lonely fools/hipsters.
#27Lip_58Posted 2/3/2013 4:07:10 PM
I'm 21 years old. I got a minimum wage which in my country is very low.

Games are somewhat expensive here since we have to pay in dollars and there is taxes and fees and stuff like that.

I also gotta pay for university, help out at home with some bills and I have a girlfriend.

All in all 60 bucks (which is around 1/8th of my monthly income btw) is pretty damn expensive and to whoever said it isn't maybe you were just lucky you weren't born in a "bad" place like some of us.

And don't even think about saying "just move out then, dude". Moving to another country is very hard, involves a lot of money and getting a good paying job on a country that isn't yours is even harder since everyone tends to think of you as an immigrant.

And don't even get me started on DLC's.
---
You don't need that feature. By streamlining and taking out these useless things Bethesda has made the game a better and more immersing experience.
#28Joe_CobbsPosted 2/3/2013 4:09:09 PM
Lip_58 posted...
everyone tends to think of you as an immigrant.

You kinda would be one though.
#29Lip_58Posted 2/3/2013 4:15:14 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Lip_58 posted...
everyone tends to think of you as an immigrant.

You kinda would be one though.

I expressed myself wrong I guess.

Everyone thinks you are Mexican.
---
You don't need that feature. By streamlining and taking out these useless things Bethesda has made the game a better and more immersing experience.
#30EmblemWarriorPosted 2/3/2013 4:16:13 PM
Lip_58 posted...
I'm 21 years old. I got a minimum wage which in my country is very low.

Games are somewhat expensive here since we have to pay in dollars and there is taxes and fees and stuff like that.

I also gotta pay for university, help out at home with some bills and I have a girlfriend.

All in all 60 bucks (which is around 1/8th of my monthly income btw) is pretty damn expensive and to whoever said it isn't maybe you were just lucky you weren't born in a "bad" place like some of us.

And don't even think about saying "just move out then, dude". Moving to another country is very hard, involves a lot of money and getting a good paying job on a country that isn't yours is even harder since everyone tends to think of you as an immigrant.

And don't even get me started on DLC's.

Dang, I'm a bit over minimum wager after working for 9 months, and 60 after taxes is only maybe 1/12th of my wages.
---
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.