How badly does no daytime mana regen on vampires hurt pure mage builds?

#11LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 3:22:04 PM
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
you probably have the perks in restoration.

I don't. Except Necromage which is...standard for vampires.
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
Waiting for: Dragon Age 3, Pokemon X/Y
#12PeMbErToNzPosted 2/3/2013 3:40:25 PM
Rayzorium posted...
LordTalyn posted...
Yes you will.

You won't, actually.

As it says in the sticky, Ring of the Erudite works differently from normal fortify regen effects.

Normally, you regenerate 3% of your magicka per second. The ring bumps it up to 5%. This stat is called magickaratemult.

You have an additional stat that is at 100% by default. Having vampirism and being in the sun subtracts 100% from this, and enchants add to this. This is called magickarate.

So if magickarate is zero, anything that modifies magickaratemult will have no effect, because anything multiplied by zero is zero.

Wrong. The sunlight takes the original 100% away but any items that increase magicka regeneration will work normally. I don't even notice the stunted regen because I have so many enchantments countering it.
---
GT: CAPTAIN CHRONIC
#13SlayerslugPosted 2/3/2013 3:51:28 PM
Most of my vampire characters wear the royal vamp armor which completely solves the problem.
---
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
#14zeroboboPosted 2/3/2013 4:46:30 PM
LordTalyn posted...
Gray_wolf1119 posted...
you probably have the perks in restoration.

I don't. Except Necromage which is...standard for vampires.

no its broken for vampires rofl
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#15RayzoriumPosted 2/3/2013 6:46:50 PM
PeMbErToNz posted...
Wrong. The sunlight takes the original 100% away but any items that increase magicka regeneration will work normally. I don't even notice the stunted regen because I have so many enchantments countering it.

Obviously your regen is great - you have fortify regen gear equipped. I was specifically pointing out that Ring of the Erudite works differently from normal gear.

LordTalyn posted...
Then why do I still regenerate magic?

Blessing of Akatosh, I'd guess. It's pretty reproducible and it's in the sticky so if you're seeing different results it's likely something on your end.
#16LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 6:48:51 PM
Rayzorium posted...
PeMbErToNz posted...

Obviously your regen is great - you have fortify regen gear equipped. I was specifically pointing out that Ring of the Erudite works differently from normal gear.

LordTalyn posted...
Then why do I still regenerate magic?

Blessing of Akatosh, I'd guess. It's pretty reproducible and it's in the sticky so if you're seeing different results it's likely something on your end.

I don't have any blessings...lol
---
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
#17RayzoriumPosted 2/3/2013 6:53:06 PM
How about with no gear at all, then? You still see regen?
#18LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 7:05:58 PM
Rayzorium posted...
How about with no gear at all, then? You still see regen?

That was with no gear, and just ring of erudite. Without the ring, No regen. (all in daylight)
Does Necromage effect it?
---
#19RayzoriumPosted 2/3/2013 7:27:37 PM
Necromage does affect it but it wouldn't explain these results.

Your magickaratemult is 100 naturally. Sun weakness does -100, bringing it down to 0. With Necromage, it goes down to -25, which is effectively still 0.

Your magickarate is 3 naturally. Ring of the Erudite takes it up to 5. With necromage, it goes up to 5.5 - but it doesn't change anything if magickaratemult is 0.

Your regen is magickaratemult*magickarate/100 per second - a very clear cut formula. Unless you have gear or some kind of magic effect on, your magickaratemult should be 0 and the rest of the equation doesn't even matter.

You're absolutely sure you had regen with the ring on? And no regen with the ring off? As in, opened the menu and confirmed the exact value for magicka? I waited for an hour for each case just to make sure and saw 0 change in either setup.
#20LordTalynPosted 2/3/2013 9:25:13 PM
Rayzorium posted...
Necromage does affect it but it wouldn't explain these results.

Your magickaratemult is 100 naturally. Sun weakness does -100, bringing it down to 0. With Necromage, it goes down to -25, which is effectively still 0.

Your magickarate is 3 naturally. Ring of the Erudite takes it up to 5. With necromage, it goes up to 5.5 - but it doesn't change anything if magickaratemult is 0.

Your regen is magickaratemult*magickarate/100 per second - a very clear cut formula. Unless you have gear or some kind of magic effect on, your magickaratemult should be 0 and the rest of the equation doesn't even matter.

You're absolutely sure you had regen with the ring on? And no regen with the ring off? As in, opened the menu and confirmed the exact value for magicka? I waited for an hour for each case just to make sure and saw 0 change in either setup.

You can't have regen below 0.
My character was both naked and naked with just the ring of erudite.
There are no other regen abilities.
Only ability/stone this character has is ritual stone which is for zombies.
Only restoration perks are for getting necromage.
Ring off: No regeneration in Daylight. (not in combat)
Ring on: Regeneration in Daylight but extremely slow. (not in combat)

Other info: Nord, Vampire Lord Stage 4.
---