Is Dragonborn worth the price?

#1jcllcjPosted 2/3/2013 4:58:50 PM
After buying ME3 Omega, I've decided to ask around before buying DLC, even do Bethesda have put good DLC. But still need to be cautious, so is it good?
#2MythrenderPosted 2/3/2013 5:07:32 PM
I'd say Dragonborn was worth its cost, Dawnguard less so, and Hearthfire although cheaper is only useful for a few things. But yeah back on topic, Dragonborn was worth it. A little bit of something for every class and play style, lots of new quests, a few new (lackluster but still new) spells and enchantments, awesome new perks via black books which are useful at any level. I don't regret it.
---
GT: Nickguy
#3CrimsonCorpPosted 2/3/2013 5:46:06 PM(edited)
Absolutely. New landmass with a ton of great sidequests. Cool new shouts, Dragon Aspect being awesome looking If you were a bit disappointed with Dawnguard, it's ok, this one will make you feel all better again.

btw, how was Omega? I've taken a break from Mass Effect for awhile, and wondering how the new single player DLC's were. Was it worth $15 in your opinion?
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#4jcllcj(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 5:21:01 PM
CrimsonCorp posted...
Absolutely. New landmass with a ton of great sidequests. Cool new shouts, Dragon Aspect being If you were a bit disappointed with Dawnguard, it's ok, this one will make you feel all better again.

btw, how was Omega? I've taken a break from Mass Effect for awhile, and wondering how the new single player DLC's were. Was it worth $15 in your opinion?

Like most stuff in Me3 it didn't live up to the hype. Its basically a few missions where you help Aria take back Omega. It adds nothing to the story and changes nothing. And its DEFINITELY not worth the price.
#5FOGEDABOUDITPosted 2/3/2013 5:22:54 PM
It renewed my interest in the game as a whole and led me to explore it more in depth. So yes.
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#6masterdave81Posted 2/4/2013 8:17:31 AM
I definitely thought Dragonborn was worth it. Solstheim is a lot of fun to explore, and it's even better is you played Morrowind and Bloodmoon back in the day because there are quite a few references and callbacks. The side quests are fun and almost every dungeon has something cool or unique. The Main Quest was pretty short, but everything else it wasn't a big issue.
#7aDominationPosted 2/4/2013 8:18:47 AM
jcllcj posted...
After buying ME3 Omega, I've decided to ask around before buying DLC, even do Bethesda have put good DLC. But still need to be cautious, so is it good?

Sweet and simple answer is yes
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#8trippinsandsPosted 2/4/2013 8:51:36 AM
I got Omega too and didn't really care for it... Dragonborn is worth the price though, I am
a fan of Morrowind and Bloodmoon, so for me Solthesiem is part nostalgia. But overall
i enjoyed it.. not like Omega which felt overpriced and to little to late.
#995_EclipsePosted 2/4/2013 9:06:09 AM
Dawnguard is under-rated heavily, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think its mostly Morrowind fanboyism that causes this TBH. (This coming from someone who still places Morrowind 1st, by an ever so slight margin over Skyrim).

Both are worth their price.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#10STomlogPosted 2/4/2013 10:28:19 AM
Dragonborn is certainly worth the price. It's a major expansion, similar to Bloodmoon, or Shivering Isles, which means a huge new area to explore, and many new quests. It also includes much of the original Morrowind soundtrack.

Dawnguard and Hearthfire are decent, but Dragonborn is essential.
---
Xbox (not 360).
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great game. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is a greater game.