Is Dragonborn worth the price?

#11pcmike2Posted 2/4/2013 12:09:50 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Dawnguard is under-rated heavily, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think its mostly Morrowind fanboyism that causes this TBH. (This coming from someone who still places Morrowind 1st, by an ever so slight margin over Skyrim).

Both are worth their price.

I never touched morrowind, and I was disappointed with dawnguard. Dragonborn actually feels more like a mini expansion
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#12LinkLuigiPosted 2/4/2013 2:19:39 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Dawnguard is under-rated heavily, and I'm not exactly sure why. I think its mostly Morrowind fanboyism that causes this TBH. (This coming from someone who still places Morrowind 1st, by an ever so slight margin over Skyrim).

Both are worth their price.

Under-rated? I wouldn't say that. Here, at least, I haven't seen anyone mention a dislike for Dawnguard. The general consensus around these parts (and with most professional reviewers) seems to be that Dawnguard is quite good...but isn't worth the full asking price. Main complaints are the wide open areas that aren't much more than wide open spaces, a rather forgettable story line, and generally not adding much for the asking price of what would usually be reserved for an expansion.

Personal highlights for me would have to be the new forms, werewolf perks, and some new gear, but other than that...

Dragonborn, however, adds much for it's $20. A whole new area (that you'll be spending more than five minutes in), with plenty to do. Actual, unique lands that differ in terms of mysticism and scope (such as Mora's domain). Cool new abilities, and a place that you'll be able to explore for quite a while after the main quest is done for.