Buoyant Armiger!

#11Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/4/2013 2:23:42 PM
Rikashi posted...
C_Burns posted...
Rikashi posted...
I think you're confused about the shield. One Armiger did own her bow, though.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Auriel%27s_Shield

It's the shield too!

Wow, it's been years and I've never knew about the shield in Morrowind. Surprising how you can still learn new things about such an old game.

Haha, making it's way from a Museum in Morrowind into the hands of a Falmer in the Forgotten Vale... That's quite a journey.

I always wonder where a lot of characters went during the eruption of red mountain... our friend Divayth Fyr for one...
#12SpiritofpowerPosted 2/4/2013 2:39:35 PM
Carrying large amounts of Cure Disease potions at all times is a must. After all, they were pretty much exclusively assigned to the Ghostgate, and had to deal with Blight monsters on a daily basis. Obviously the Chitin helm is a must for equipment, to help with the ash storms.

Also, visited the UESP, and found the data for the Buoyant Armiger NPC class:

Buoyant Armiger

These are elite stealth fighters in the service of Vivec.
Specialization: Stealth
Attributes: Agility, Willpower

Major Skills:

Marksman
Light Armor
Destruction
Short Blade
Sneak

Minor Skills:

Restoration
Athletics
Block
Acrobatics
Speechcraft

What I take from this is that you should have:

- Light Armor
- Destruction
- Archery
- Sneak
- One-Handed
- Restoration
- Block
- Speechcraft

As a baseline. You can feel free to customize at will. Gimme a sec and I'll go to the build calculator and put something together...

Here's my take on a level 50 build: http://skyrimcalculator.com/254878

My planned strategy is to use a single one-handed weapon (no shield, not intending to use dagger), and attempt stealth when possible. When in combat, have a healing spell favorited and bring it out when you need to heal, then put it away so you can block. Additionally, you can use a bow to soften them up (or kill a few) at range while in stealth, with Destruction magic as an option in pitched combat. I built it with single-cast Ignites in mind, so get Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana ASAP.

The Block tree is focused, not on absorbing damage, but on facilitating dodging. With the right timing and skill you can block just as the enemy is about to power attack, which will give you a massive advantage. Additionally, Shadow Warrior allows you (with enough skill) to get sneak attack mid-combat, so work that in when you can. Restoration is, again, focused on single-cast spells.

The Speech tree is focused on just generally making you life easier by improving your bartering abilities and increasing persuasion chance. The Light Armor tree is mainly designed to give you a decent AR and get the Wind Walker and Deft Movement perks, which will help quite a bit.

So yeah, feel free to modify that as you will. And keep in mind I'm mostly basing this off my personal preferences, I don't know if anyone will actually find this fun.
---
-"You're nuts!"
-"No, I'm condiments! I've been promoted."
#13C_Burns(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 7:58:02 AM
Spiritofpower posted...
Carrying large amounts of Cure Disease potions at all times is a must. After all, they were pretty much exclusively assigned to the Ghostgate, and had to deal with Blight monsters on a daily basis. Obviously the Chitin helm is a must for equipment, to help with the ash storms.

Also, visited the UESP, and found the data for the Buoyant Armiger NPC class:

Buoyant Armiger

These are elite stealth fighters in the service of Vivec.
Specialization: Stealth
Attributes: Agility, Willpower

Major Skills:

Marksman
Light Armor
Destruction
Short Blade
Sneak

Minor Skills:

Restoration
Athletics
Block
Acrobatics
Speechcraft

What I take from this is that you should have:

- Light Armor
- Destruction
- Archery
- Sneak
- One-Handed
- Restoration
- Block
- Speechcraft

As a baseline. You can feel free to customize at will. Gimme a sec and I'll go to the build calculator and put something together...

Here's my take on a level 50 build: http://skyrimcalculator.com/254878

My planned strategy is to use a single one-handed weapon (no shield, not intending to use dagger), and attempt stealth when possible. When in combat, have a healing spell favorited and bring it out when you need to heal, then put it away so you can block. Additionally, you can use a bow to soften them up (or kill a few) at range while in stealth, with Destruction magic as an option in pitched combat. I built it with single-cast Ignites in mind, so get Ahzidal's Ring of Arcana ASAP.

The Block tree is focused, not on absorbing damage, but on facilitating dodging. With the right timing and skill you can block just as the enemy is about to power attack, which will give you a massive advantage. Additionally, Shadow Warrior allows you (with enough skill) to get sneak attack mid-combat, so work that in when you can. Restoration is, again, focused on single-cast spells.

The Speech tree is focused on just generally making you life easier by improving your bartering abilities and increasing persuasion chance. The Light Armor tree is mainly designed to give you a decent AR and get the Wind Walker and Deft Movement perks, which will help quite a bit.

So yeah, feel free to modify that as you will. And keep in mind I'm mostly basing this off my personal preferences, I don't know if anyone will actually find this fun.

This is what I went off of too! I found the NPC class of the Armigers and fixed my skill choices. I used restoration instead of alteration. I am using enchanting as well to pretty much back up all skills and have the Atronach Stone provide the spell absorb that comes with alteration. Water breathing and resists can be achieved through enchanting!