Any altmer based group that oppose the thalmors goal of remaking the world?

#1supermanj9Posted 2/3/2013 10:48:08 PM
Like are 95% of altmer thalmor supporters or is is more like 75%? The reason I ask is Im Rping as a High elf that was trained by some sort of altmer resistence and traveld to skyrim to help them get rid of the thalmor influence. So is their any way this makes since lore-wise?
---
"I did not anticipate thaey would all be so useless"
-Gordan Ramsay
#2BeidhaPosted 2/3/2013 10:53:44 PM
Well, the Psijiic don't agree with the Thalmor goals, so there are bound to be others. I would hazard a guess that any who don't agree with the Thalmor back at their homeland would likely be arrest and maybe even executed, but that's just a guess. Altmer not from Sommerset might be more likely to side with the native population.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#3Ajd_KingPosted 2/3/2013 10:55:08 PM
Yes, it makes sense. When you've got a group like the Nazis or the Thalmor running things, there'll always be groups that resist them in some way.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#4zeroboboPosted 2/3/2013 11:08:06 PM
i HIGHLY doubt the thalmors true goal is known to the altmer public as a whole.
they probably think they're just trying to claim its world domination.

i bet alot of the altmer people would be against destroying the world, as thats kinda messed up.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#5RebelElite791Posted 2/3/2013 11:35:58 PM
zerobobo posted...

i bet alot of the altmer people would be against destroying the world, as thats kinda messed up.

I'd almost argue the opposite actually. I'd think more would support undoing the mortal experiment than the genocide and oppression of the races of men (though the two go hand in hand in this case, according to the lead Thalmor).

But the point remains.

And just because there's no group we know of TC doesn't mean that you can't do whatever you want. You're an individual.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#6zeroboboPosted 2/3/2013 11:42:30 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
zerobobo posted...

I'd almost argue the opposite actually. I'd think more would support undoing the mortal experiment than the genocide and oppression of the races of men (though the two go hand in hand in this case, according to the lead Thalmor).

But the point remains.

And just because there's no group we know of TC doesn't mean that you can't do whatever you want. You're an individual.

really? destroying reality for the assumption they'd gain something more? thats a HUGE gamble. i mean the thalmor say thats the case and sure alot of the lore says it is too, but imagine the average altmer civilian. alot of doubt could be EASILY swept up in destroying REALITY. thats a really hard thing to sell to a mass audience, plus if the rest of the world found out, they'd all unite to stop the thalmor (which i think will be the downfall of them, their real plans being exposed)

the thalmor could easily play off the natural altmer arrogance and play propaganda stating that they're saving mankind from itself. that they are the true rulers of the world and they should be the leaders of tameriel not men.

instead of the whole "we're killing EVERYTHING so we benefit" route, they do the whole "we're doing this because we're better and its for the good of the world, we are doing a good thing" campaign. which to me at least, is far more plausible
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#7nathraxhPosted 2/4/2013 12:30:06 AM
As said, if it's gonna be anyone TC, it'd be the Psijic Order.

Y'know, those guys who show up during the College of Winterhold questline. It'd make perfect sense for your character to do that, as they show up and give you orders.

There's also an Altmer running one of the Imperial camps. So I'd say support among the Altmer for the Thalmor is, likely, about 80-90%.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#8GriffRobertsPosted 2/4/2013 12:31:57 AM
The problem with the Psijics is, they usually do their best not to interfere. It's rare that they get involved in the affairs of the outside world.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#9Evil_SandwichPosted 2/4/2013 12:42:18 AM(edited)
The reason there aren't many Altmer resistance groups is because the Thalmor probably killed them all.