Why can't I just be the high king of Skyrim?

#11MC2011Posted 2/4/2013 4:01:13 AM
Cause Rebel already called it. Brenzor will be his successor.

... and Darkportal is their jester while I am their target practice.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#12ZacGTzPosted 2/4/2013 8:24:47 AM
I think because when you're the leader of a clan of vampires, harbinger, arch-mage,listener and whatever else you decide to be you should let there be at least some competition somewhere so let them duke it out for who gets to be high king.
---
Just be glad Fire Atronachs don't give you STDs.
#13aDominationPosted 2/4/2013 8:36:26 AM(edited)
ZacGTz posted...
I think because when you're the leader of a clan of vampires, harbinger, arch-mage,listener and whatever else you decide to be you should let there be at least some competition somewhere so let them duke it out for who gets to be high king.

I always found it weird one person is even allowed to hold that many titles, I'd find it weird that the Listener of the DBH would be come the Harbringer of the Companion, which is based on honor.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#14FMLGPosted 2/4/2013 8:36:45 AM
MC2011 posted...
Cause Rebel already called it. Brenzor will be his successor.

... and Darkportal is their jester while I am their target practice.

I3rian will be the adviser, assassin will be the assassin. Xbox will be 'dat orc'.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#15SchesparnPosted 2/4/2013 8:40:46 AM
aDomination posted...
ZacGTz posted...

I always found it weird one person is even allowed to hold that many titles, I'd find it weird that the Listener of the DBH would be come the Harbringer of the Companion, which is based on honor.

Maybe they don't even know. :O

Can you imagine a group of these guys arguing about which guild is the most powerful and influential? "Our Harbinger is the Last Dragonborn! So there!" "No, our Arch-Mage is!" "No, our Listener is the last of the Dragonborn!"

And they slowly come to realize they're all talking about the same dude.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/4/2013 8:52:12 AM
darkportal785 posted...
Honestly?

All the Dovahkiin does all day is chase the dragon.

Who would want a leader who's high all the time?

I guess "High" King would be a fitting name
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#17nathraxhPosted 2/4/2013 9:01:06 AM
aDomination posted...
ZacGTz posted...

I always viewed it as being up to the player to decide what his character achieves. It doesn't make sense for your character to achieve certain combinations of those things (such as being both Listener and Harbinger) but the option is there for those who are just after achievements/gameplay. If you want to keep it real (yo), it's up to you to decide what's realistic and what's not.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#18aDominationPosted 2/4/2013 9:06:51 AM
nathraxh posted...
aDomination posted...
ZacGTz posted...

I always viewed it as being up to the player to decide what his character achieves. It doesn't make sense for your character to achieve certain combinations of those things (such as being both Listener and Harbinger) but the option is there for those who are just after achievements/gameplay. If you want to keep it real (yo), it's up to you to decide what's realistic and what's not.

What they should have done is, made the guild questlines much much longer but only allowed the player to choose 1 maybe 2 guilds per-playthrough.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Into the Void 150(G)Learn the truth of Sithis and lived to be his Listener forever.
#19Nasir23Posted 2/4/2013 9:56:05 AM
aDomination posted...
nathraxh posted...
aDomination posted...
ZacGTz posted...

What they should have done is, made the guild questlines much much longer but only allowed the player to choose 1 maybe 2 guilds per-playthrough.

Or maybe even skill requirements to qualify for Guilds. It would be possible to join every guild, but it would be harder, and you'd need to be more proficient in specific skills the guild requires.
---
GT: l The Raven l
#20aDominationPosted 2/4/2013 3:03:54 PM
Nasir23 posted...
aDomination posted...
nathraxh posted...
aDomination posted...
ZacGTz posted...

Or maybe even skill requirements to qualify for Guilds. It would be possible to join every guild, but it would be harder, and you'd need to be more proficient in specific skills the guild requires.

Like how you can just join the Mages College without knowing or ever using a spell?
---
Achievement Unlocked