Books about Solstheim?

#1SoulOfFaythPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:18 AM
I just got Dragonborn this weekend, haven't done much yet, just getting a feel of the place, but I find I can immerse myself and enjoy a place more when I can read up on some lore surrounding it, or even just 'fictional' in-game books that take place there(since I didn't play it in Morrowind I don't have the nostalgia-goggles most people have). So what are recommended books to read about Solstheim?
Thanks.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#2LordTrinenPosted 2/4/2013 8:01:19 AM
Here is a list of the books added by Dragonborn. Note that some of them are quest items that can't really be read like the Black Books.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Books
#3SoulOfFayth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:00:52 AM
Thanks, although I was more wondering which books tell stories about/set in Solstheim rather than just the books that were added by the DLC.
---
#4nathraxhPosted 2/5/2013 5:04:18 AM
I'm not sure there are any. Only one I can vaguely think of is "Fall of the Snow Prince," as I seem to remember hearing there was something in Bloodmoon about him being buried there. I could be talking out of my ass, but that's all I remember.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#5GriffRobertsPosted 2/5/2013 5:07:12 AM
Aevar Stone-Singer is a Skaal folk-tale, there's probably something to be known in that.

I'm not sure if there are any books that straight up describe the history of Solstheim, though.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#6SoulOfFayth(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:16:26 AM
Ah ok, thanks anyway!
---
#7obishawnPosted 2/5/2013 5:29:12 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Thanks, although I was more wondering which books tell stories about/set in Solstheim rather than just the books that were added by the DLC.

Almost every book on that list deals with Solstheim/Morrowind culture and history.
---
Winter is coming