How come Bethesda make NPC mages so much stronger than PC mages?

#1Evil_SandwichPosted 2/4/2013 8:52:17 PM
It makes 0 sense no matter how you look at it.

Random morons that you meet in caves/dungeons/ruins etc. can rapidly spam 300+ damage spells and super backpedal all day long like it's hopscotch.

Meanwhile, you the player with 100 Destruction skill and all spells known can only cast very weak spells that cost a ridiculous amount of magic.

Spells so weak in fact that you have to rely on cost reduction and spamming Dual-Cast for Impact.

NPC mages rarely if ever Dual-Cast and don't even need stagger due to the high damage of their spells.
#2Evil_Sandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:41:04 PM(edited)
Why iz it datZ alL teh other topicZ bout destruction alwayz getz lik 100+ posts but i makez one an 3verboby ignorez it?

It's not fair...
#3GBALoserPosted 2/4/2013 9:41:35 PM
bcuz dey get da 50% damage bonus for bein da cheeps
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#4CatfishWigginsPosted 2/4/2013 10:15:38 PM
NPC mages can take more damage than PC mage because they split stats between Mana and Life on level up. NPC spells do not deal more damage than PC spells, unless you're playing on a harder difficulty.

NPC mages also wear robes that give them cheaper frost spikes and increased mana regen.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#5KoRiy5000Posted 2/4/2013 10:26:55 PM
CatfishWiggins posted...
NPC mages can take more damage than PC mage because they split stats between Mana and Life on level up. NPC spells do not deal more damage than PC spells, unless you're playing on a harder difficulty.

NPC mages also wear robes that give them cheaper frost spikes and increased mana regen.

even on adept an arch necromancers ice storm does ridiculous damage. and im a breton with about 50% magic resist
#6PimpHandofGodPosted 2/4/2013 10:42:54 PM
CatfishWiggins posted...
NPC spells do not deal more damage than PC spells, unless you're playing on a harder difficulty.

Yeah they do. They have stronger versions of all the spells. Well all the destruction ones atleast.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#7dave_is_slickPosted 2/4/2013 10:46:12 PM
NPC spells do not deal more damage than PC spells, unless you're playing on a harder difficulty.

Bulls***, they clearly do more.
---
Clementine is my baby. I will fight anyone to the death if they say otherwise!!
#8Evil_Sandwich(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:53:21 PM
K, so i haz decided i wantz my 2handed Altmer Vampiress teh hav two other Females as her personal Thralls and I iz thinking of using Arch Pyromancers since dey iz so OP.

Now, all I gotz teh do iz find two Female Arch Pyromancers so my character can penetrate dem wit her big greatswordy.
#9KoRiy5000Posted 2/4/2013 11:18:19 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
K, so i haz decided i wantz my 2handed Altmer Vampiress teh hav two other Females as her personal Thralls and I iz thinking of using Arch Pyromancers since dey iz so OP.

Now, all I gotz teh do iz find two Female Arch Pyromancers so my character can penetrate dem wit her big greatswordy.

am i just old or is this way of typing/spelling ridiculous?
#10Ajd_KingPosted 2/4/2013 11:19:09 PM
KoRiy5000 posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

am i just old or is this way of typing/spelling ridiculous?

It is indeed ridonkulous.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.