Necromancer Easy Class? / Do They Summon?

#21Captain_ChinoPosted 2/5/2013 4:58:34 AM
jammymacster posted...
Where there suggests I think Bethesda invented necromancy exactly?

Also they didn't contradict my statement. They aren't primarily necromancers. As I said in the follow up post. You're getting bent out of shape about nothing.

Once again, I'm not saying ALL necromancers use only reanimation and frost magic. -.-

I admit my first post was poorly worded. You're still making far too big a fuss about this.

Still waiting for an explanation for the fanboyism comments.

He's a huge jerk. You the best jammy.
---
A king needs an army. A God needs only a canvas. I had my fill of being King. -Lucifer Morningstar
FC: 3910 5124 2543
#22Smackdowner1Posted 2/5/2013 4:58:52 AM
They do death magic. They're necromancers.

There's no "primarily". You're either a necromancer or you aren't.

That's something you still don't understand.

It doesn't matter what other abilities a person has. If they can raise the dead, they're necromancers.

They don't even have to be a person. Durnehviir is a necromancer and he's a dragon.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#23jammymacsterPosted 2/5/2013 6:11:05 AM
It was just a generalization based on the necromancers in Skyrim. That's all.

Still waiting for an explanation for the fanboyism comments. Those were random as cake.
---
AKA: Valadez
#24LinkLuigiPosted 2/5/2013 10:21:32 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
They do death magic. They're necromancers.

There's no "primarily". You're either a necromancer or you aren't.

That's something you still don't understand.

It doesn't matter what other abilities a person has. If they can raise the dead, they're necromancers.

They don't even have to be a person. Durnehviir is a necromancer and he's a dragon.

Dude, it seriously isn't that serious. Somebody's jimmies have been ruffled.
#25Smackdowner1Posted 2/5/2013 2:02:26 PM(edited)
jammymacster posted...
It was just a generalization based on the necromancers in Skyrim. That's all.

Still waiting for an explanation for the fanboyism comments. Those were random as cake.

No, they weren't random.

This is me:
"Necromancers raise the dead. The rest of your playstyle is up to you."

This is you:
"IN SKYRIM THE NECROMANCERS USE ICE AND REANIMATE DEAD. THEY DON'T SUMMON OR USE BOUND WEAPONS"

This is me:
"Sild and Nepos both use other abilities"

This is you again:
"OMG SILD IS A CLASSIFIED A FLAMING FROSTY SHOCKMASTER AND NEPOS IS A WITCHERBLADE. A TYPICAL NECRO ONLY USES ICE SPELLS, PRIMARILY"

Me again:
"Necromancers raise the dead. They're necromancers. Who cares what Bethesda decided to call them?"

Collective Bethesda fanboy hivemind :
"YOU'RE A JERK! WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?"
---
#26konokonohamaruPosted 2/5/2013 2:03:38 PM
I always thought a Necromancer was someone who made love to necks
#27KeirshowersPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:40 PM
TC, I am no expert on Necromancers but I have created and recreated this archtype a dozen times and have gained some knowledge on the subject.

There are quite a few ways to actually play the class. Too many in fact that it would take too long to really go into them all.
I have found a build that gives a lot of detailed information on a good basic necromancer build. Here is the link........

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-necromancer

This build in the link forgoes Destruction magic all together and relies mostly on their undead pets to do most of the killing as well as the Ritual Stone coupled with Aetherial Crown exploit and backed up with Illusion to boost your undead army to powerful levels. I have this build at level 45 at the moment and it is beastly.

Now the more traitional Necromancer that you find in Skyrim is what I based my "Main" off of with a bit of Mannimarco/Shang Tsung thrown in for flavor.

--Main Skills --
-Illusion for fearing and frenzing (crowd control) as well as making dead bodies for you to raise as well as muffle and invisible for those "Oh Snap" moments when someone is about to cut your head off.
-Conjuration for obvious reasons.
-Restoration for healing, turn undead(until you get the Master of Minds perk) and the Necromage perk which boost the powers against undead and since Vampires are undead and you become one, it will boost your powers as well.
--Minor Sklls--
-Destruction for ice attacks and ice cloak (later on I took lighting attacks as well since so many things are protected against Ice.
-Enchanting for lowing the cost of spells.
-Alteration for flesh spells to protect you against attacks. Honestly I hardly got hit and mainly took this school for paralyze. (Mannimarco loved to use this) Nothing screams suffering more then paralyzing a foe in mind-swing and watching as your undead minions tear him apart as he watches helpless from the ground.

Race really does not matter. I however went with Breton for the magic resistance. I would also suggest becoming a Vampire. Great for RP reasons and The Necromage benefits. I would also suggest going to the Soul Cairn to get the undead summons. Link here.......

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Soul_Cairn

The map in the link shows you the locations of the summons I am refering to. These are powered off of the Necromancer side of the conjuration tree. (Might be wrong about this). I hate summoning atronachs as a necromancer and being able to actually summon the undead is a good thing RP wise in my book. They come in handy when you find yourself without any thralls and are surrounded by enemies or even dragon fights. Dragon fights being bad due to the lack of fresh dead bodies around.

Shouts that go well with this build is Soul Tear, Marked for Death, and Drain Vitality. Both just scream Necromancer to me and I use them heavely.

Good gear for any Necromancer is the Black hooded robes located in Fellglow Keep...
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Fellglow_Keep

They are unenchanted and look pretty good. Vampire gloves/gauntlets and vampire boots (which can both be bought from a merchant in Volkihar Keep) are good as well and match giving you are very dark look. Necromancers amulet is also a good choice early on but more then likely will get replaced once your enchanting skill is up high enough for duel enchantments.

Or you could opt to go with the Vampire Armor/Royal Armor(off any vampire or Lord Harkon himself as well as in Volkihar Keep on a shelf) with the shoruded hood(located in the Dark Brotherhood base)

End game you will be steam rolling on master difficulty with almost little to no effort.

Hope this helps.
---
Bioware thought it necessary to make them swarming gods of invisible shotguns ~CyberWrist101~
#28jammymacsterPosted 2/5/2013 3:37:56 PM(edited)
Saying what they;re like in Skyrim isn't fanboyism. Nor is calling you out for being angry. That's just observation.

Vampires in Skyrim are unaffected by garlic. Is that statement fanboyism too?
---
AKA: Valadez
#29Smackdowner1Posted 2/6/2013 12:01:22 AM
jammymacster posted...
Saying what they;re like in Skyrim isn't fanboyism. Nor is calling you out for being angry. That's just observation.

Vampires in Skyrim are unaffected by garlic. Is that statement fanboyism too?

1. I'm not angry. I'm merely pointing out that a variety of necromancers exist, and you're trying to tell me that they don't count because Bethesda decided to call them something else, despite the fact that they can raise the dead, which is necromancy. So yes, that is very fanboy of you.

2. Real vampires are also unaffected by garlic. Same goes for silver. Those are just things Hollywood made up. Claiming that Necromancers can only use ice spells and reanimate dead is like saying Vampires in Skyrim can only be Breton, Dark Elf, High Elf, Nord or Imperial because those are the only "Vampire" enemies you encounter.
---
#30Smackdowner1Posted 2/6/2013 12:04:01 AM
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Namasur

This guy totally isn't a vampire. He's a "Redguard destruction mage"
---