Weapon Draw "Bug"

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 2/5/2013 12:35:42 AM
For whatever reason, it takes forever for my character to begin his animation to draw his two-handed weapon. He draws his bow near instantly, but when I press the hotkey to have him draw his axe he just stands there like an idiot for a good 2-3 seconds. Anybody else have this happen? Is it normal?
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#2RebelElite791Posted 2/5/2013 12:41:36 AM
Always happens with hotkeys for me.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:43:47 AM(edited)
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I wonder if it still does it if you select it manually from the favorites list. I'm going to go try that.

Edit: Yep. Damn it.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multiplayer or co-op.
#4Mick65Posted 2/5/2013 2:53:20 AM(edited)
Try waiting in the fav list after selecting the weapon for two or three seconds.
---
leg godt
#5ilapostaPosted 2/5/2013 4:49:42 AM
I just started having this issue with one of my save files. I have played hundreds of hours and never had this problem. The weapon is not hot keyed either, I go into the menu and select the weapon I want.
---
XboX360 for Skyrim PS3 for everything else!!! I am unstoppable!!!!
#6ggrissomPosted 2/5/2013 6:45:11 AM
I've had this problem forever, not using a 2H weapon.... I just got used to it.
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#7turn_basedPosted 2/5/2013 7:04:04 AM
Now 's a good time to ask this:

If you've played Skyrim for a year, got all updates and dlc's, does the game menu and response overall seem to get more sluggish as time goes on?

I don't remember having the delays this bad before Dawnguard...
---
Redguards Rule!
#8geocentric14Posted 2/5/2013 8:53:54 AM
I just started playing again after a long break and it seems like the weapon draw lags way more then it used to. I dont know why either.
#9Flare_Dragon123Posted 2/5/2013 9:02:21 AM
turn_based posted...

If you've played Skyrim for a year, got all updates and dlc's, does the game menu and response overall seem to get more sluggish as time goes on?

I've experienced this with every weapon practically. Its not a DLC thing though.
---
Sigs are for noobs
#10turn_basedPosted 2/5/2013 9:10:54 AM
Flare_Dragon123 posted...
turn_based posted...

I've experienced this with every weapon practically. Its not a DLC thing though.

With updates then? I'd like to find out from others that have been playing consistently for a year, through all the updates and dlcs.

What about menu and favorites? Does the game act like it doesn't acknowledge your controller at times? Flipping pages in a book gets tedious...
---
Redguards Rule!