Weapon Draw "Bug"

#11geocentric14Posted 2/5/2013 9:19:37 AM
I have not noticed any additional lag with the menus then i previously did. It just seems to be when equipping or changing weapons out of favorites or using hotkeys. I never seemed to notice a lag a year ago. I have no dlc downloaded.
#12PinkFloydMan73Posted 2/5/2013 9:24:55 AM
I've been playing since launch and have all 3 DLCs. I've definitely noticed the lag it takes to switch between hotkeyed weapons, which only became noticeable after I installed Dragonborn. Since Dawnguard, I've noticed that load times for all areas, not just ones related to DLC, have increased significantly.

It's like Skyrim is being slowly grown over by a mossy coating of software bloat .
---
"It's like Bethesda took the Mako from Mass Effect and gave it hooves." - Absolute Arctic
#13turn_basedPosted 2/5/2013 9:30:27 AM
PinkFloydMan73 posted...
I've been playing since launch and have all 3 DLCs. I've definitely noticed the lag it takes to switch between hotkeyed weapons, which only became noticeable after I installed Dragonborn. Since Dawnguard, I've noticed that load times for all areas, not just ones related to DLC, have increased significantly.

It's like Skyrim is being slowly grown over by a mossy coating of software bloat .

Nothing noticed differently with page turning or slide bar sliding or the B button menu?

Mine is starting to feel sluggish:(
---
Redguards Rule!
#14LinkLuigiPosted 2/5/2013 9:38:15 AM
The same thing has been happening to me, right after I downloaded Dragonborn.
#15Darg727Posted 2/5/2013 9:53:28 AM
This is probably the worst game killer for me because it makes switching from your weapon not even worth it. I think it has to do with a patch because I hadn't gotten any dlc when the problem started for me.

I believe I had patch 1.2 before taking a break and then when I came back it was 1.7. So some time between those patches caused it and I have yet to find the drive to delete my patches to test it.
#16turn_basedPosted 2/5/2013 11:33:19 AM
Darg727 posted...
This is probably the worst game killer for me because it makes switching from your weapon not even worth it. I think it has to do with a patch because I hadn't gotten any dlc when the problem started for me.

I believe I had patch 1.2 before taking a break and then when I came back it was 1.7. So some time between those patches caused it and I have yet to find the drive to delete my patches to test it.

Yeah, I need a new wireless adaptor before I start trying anything, even then, like you said, the driiiiiiiive.
---
Redguards Rule!
#17TheFlood550Posted 2/6/2013 2:22:16 AM
Its to the point in my game where Ill be using my bow, then press left on the d-pad to equip my sword, and the shield immediately pops up in my left hand but my right hand stays empty for about 5-8 seconds, then it gets pulled out. Sometimes I can even throw a few punches before its drawn. Load times also seem to be getting a lot worse. I had a load screen so long today that dashboarded. Good thing for autosaves. Speaking of those, the autosave that happens every 15 minutes or so when you pull up the B menu is beginning to take forever, so long in fact that I think the game has crashed. I never had any problems until I got the DLCs, but Dragonborn seems to be the one that caused it all.
---
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g275/TheDaniel123/PwningGodwithoutIP.jpg
#18FredCat07Posted 2/6/2013 3:52:24 AM
I really like Conjuration Weapons (Bound Bow, Bound Sword, Bound whatever) over those solid items.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#19atomicpopsiclePosted 2/6/2013 4:01:52 AM
Complety off topic but I finally connected my Xbox to the net for the first time in years and the first time since buying skyrim. Didn't get the dlc I wanted but I did notice my character started two arm blocking like a d bag after drinking the wherewolf blood. Another thread segway to my apparently unique problem sry. I just read the part about updates and was reminded because I suspect it was an update that did this. I built a couple shield users before I ever hooked skyrim to the web soooo....

Anyway no never had that draw bug sry :\

Please search topics for blocking differently?
#20Darg727Posted 2/6/2013 2:06:22 PM
TheFlood550 posted...
Its to the point in my game where Ill be using my bow, then press left on the d-pad to equip my sword, and the shield immediately pops up in my left hand but my right hand stays empty for about 5-8 seconds, then it gets pulled out. Sometimes I can even throw a few punches before its drawn. Load times also seem to be getting a lot worse. I had a load screen so long today that dashboarded. Good thing for autosaves. Speaking of those, the autosave that happens every 15 minutes or so when you pull up the B menu is beginning to take forever, so long in fact that I think the game has crashed. I never had any problems until I got the DLCs, but Dragonborn seems to be the one that caused it all.

Turn off auto save and see if it helps.

On the topic of the weapon swap draw delay I was googling and found a post on gamespot that mentioned it was a hotkey delay and that using the favorites menu or inventory pauses the game and let's it catch up. Don't know if it works but if I get the chance I'll test it tonight or in the morning.