"I think those who support the Stormcloaks are racist jerks."

#31deadpool223Posted 2/5/2013 12:44:48 PM
well, people assumed the stormcloaks were racist for 2 reasons. 1, when you first enter the city there is a dunmer being treated poorly by some nords. now firstly, neither nord is a member of the cloaks. and while there is certainly some racism within windhelm, and probably some very xenophobic members of the stormcloaks, the same can be said for any army anywhere so its not evidence of stormcloak racism

the dunmer are kept within the grey quarter, which is a run down slum, and the argonians are kept on the docks. now again the guy who runs the docks isnt a stormcloak, but that aside the argonians were put there because the dunmer (who are refugees givin free homes within the city) kept fighting with them. see the dunmer are extreamly xenophobic, and extreamly prideful. they feel they are entitled to be taken care of just because they're there. the nords feel differently, that you need to earn your place. if the dunmer were to join the stormcloaks, they would almost certainly be treated better, the argonians i dont know about, but it is worth noting that no one is actually keeping them there, that they could if they wanted leave and go absolutely anywhere else
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#32VelonesePosted 2/5/2013 12:50:42 PM
I think some people live, just to cry racism. TC is a racist for calling me a racist.
---
HR9 "Lord of Destruction" MHP2 G solo & HR9 MHFU
I am the obnoxious thorn in your side that can't be removed.
#33turn_basedPosted 2/5/2013 1:26:58 PM
I think I've changed my mind about this whole mess.

Skyrim should be free, and I believe that Bethesda 'may' be transitioning the series away from it being Empire dominated. If Hammerfell can do it, why not Skyrim?

The problem is, Bethesda filled the Stormcloak ranks with a bunch of idiots I can't stand and the thought of dethroning Baalgruuf, Ravencrone, or Markarth's Sidgier is just toooo unappealing to me.

I hope Skyrim becomes independant for future games though, the Empire is not worthy anymore of being the central uniting force.

Aldmeri Dominion? Yes, for awesome narrative purposes.
---
Redguards Rule!
#34SoulOfFaythPosted 2/5/2013 2:36:19 PM
turn_based posted...

Skyrim should be free, and I believe that Bethesda 'may' be transitioning the series away from it being Empire dominated. If Hammerfell can do it, why not Skyrim?

The problem is, Bethesda filled the Stormcloak ranks with a bunch of idiots I can't stand and the thought of dethroning Baalgruuf, Ravencrone, or Markarth's Sidgier is just toooo unappealing to me.

I hope Skyrim becomes independant for future games though, the Empire is not worthy anymore of being the central uniting force.

Yes. I agree. Except that I don't really care about the jarls being dethroned (except Balgruuf). But that is pretty much the main reason I've been on the Stormcloak side since the beginning and I think it's a shame that people just fixate on 'boohoo Stormcloaks are racist' and can't look past it to see how it may just be progression for the series. Then again a lot of people are hung up on the Empire and don't want to see it go away.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#35Cast_SupremacyPosted 2/5/2013 2:50:55 PM
SoulOfFayth posted...
turn_based posted...

Yes. I agree. Except that I don't really care about the jarls being dethroned (except Balgruuf). But that is pretty much the main reason I've been on the Stormcloak side since the beginning and I think it's a shame that people just fixate on 'boohoo Stormcloaks are racist' and can't look past it to see how it may just be progression for the series. Then again a lot of people are hung up on the Empire and don't want to see it go away.

Interesting point on series progression actually. Personally I go Imperial, as like the above, I love Balgruuf and Ravencrone and hate the Dawnstar Jarl. The jarl of Falkreath is a trade off though...
#36SoulOfFaythPosted 2/6/2013 8:16:09 AM
Let's bump this because, let's face it, here's gonna be a new topic like this anyway, and I wanna see what other people think about series progression.
Of course discussing sensible points isn't as fun as frothing at the mouth and raging at one another for their opinions but still.
---
#37rx54Posted 2/6/2013 8:27:14 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
And nobody will learn anything.

Oh they will.
They will just ignore it because apparently in this world peoples opinions are more important than facts.

My opinion is 1+1=3.
So that makes it true, because what I think is amazing and I can never be wrong.

I love people :D
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#38SoulOfFaythPosted 2/6/2013 8:29:50 AM
rx54 posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

Oh they will.
They will just ignore it because apparently in this world peoples opinions are more important than facts.

My opinion is 1+1=3.
So that makes it true, because what I think is amazing and I can never be wrong.

Well in a sense. If the majority of the board agrees that 1+1=3 then you can prove them wrong but they'll still call you a troll and pat eachother on the back for their awesome reasoning.
---
#39rx54Posted 2/6/2013 8:33:31 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
rx54 posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...

Oh they will.

My opinion is 1+1=3.

Well in a sense. If the majority of the board agrees that 1+1=3 then you can prove them wrong but they'll still call you a troll and pat eachother on the back for their awesome reasoning.

Exactly.
Maybe if I lurked around and told people I was a lore master what I say would carry more weight.

A lot of them will argue with you for an hour.
Then when you say something they can't disprove, they'll just say you are not worth their time and stop talking.
Oh really? I was worth your time when you weren't losing.
How convenient hahaha.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#40nathraxhPosted 2/6/2013 8:35:15 AM
I'm not sure on the validity of this source, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Empire was destined to exist until the end of this kalpa. I could be wrong, but yeah.

Personally I love the Empire and wouldn't want to see it go, though I'm quite liking the fact it's struggling at the moment. I think the greatest shame is that the Mede dynasty will probably be remembered as a failure. Despite their flaws (which were many, don't get me wrong), the Medes led the Empire through its darkest days and yet also brought about some of its finest hours.
---
Dwarf shortage.