Damn Dragons!

#1thegrambauerPosted 2/5/2013 3:08:16 AM
I was in Solitude minding my own business when this dragon fell out of the air and landed right in front of me - DEAD! Now this doesn't sound bad right? I got some free dragon scales, dragon bones and some gems out of it so I wasn't complaining.

Problem was, was that when I left Solitude to visit other nearby locations that same dead dragon fell out of the sky again and landed right in front of me. Now after I absorbed its soul, all that was originally left was it's skeletal bones - yet now it appears with skin intact but still dead and empty.

I was like, sure maybe it won't happen again. I was wrong. Exiting my second home (Heljarchen Hall), the same dead dragon falls out of the sky and lands right in front of me again. Damn glitches. Damn dead possessed dragon is following me lol.
---
Give a Zombie a Hug: Zombies needs hugs too
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/1314/zombiehug.jpg
#2atomicpopsiclePosted 2/5/2013 3:25:22 AM
That's almost as weird a glitch as when I took the wherewolf blood and my character decided to block with both hands in a weird way.... Yeah I just segwayed your topic. Someone please tell me why my character started blocking like a girl xO
#3BipBapBamPosted 2/5/2013 3:27:55 AM
Reminds me of a similar glitch on my last character whenever I walked out of the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary a dead naked hunter chick fell out of the sky. It was actually pretty creepy, there was like 4 of her dead body all piled up by the end of the quest line.
---
I'm careless, but I care.
GT: Noitrez
#4jammymacsterPosted 2/5/2013 3:29:17 AM
Try launching the dragon really far away with two ice spikes (one in each hand, not dual casted).
---
AKA: Valadez
#5lalallaalalPosted 2/5/2013 3:39:30 AM
I am also being stalked by a dead dragon.
#6thegrambauer(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:55:20 AM
jammymacster posted...
Try launching the dragon really far away with two ice spikes (one in each hand, not dual casted).

I've tried using magic on it but my magic just goes right through the dragon as if it's not there (maybe it isn't really there but just a 'ghost echo' of sorts?). No matter what I do, the dead empty dragon body is just there. This was a few hours ago and last I checked it appears to be gone. I'm hoping the game 'fixed' itself but I wouldn't be surprised if I turned my xbox back on now and find it falling out of the sky again in front of me.
---
Give a Zombie a Hug: Zombies needs hugs too
http://imageshack.us/a/img854/1314/zombiehug.jpg
#7IronticsDragonLPosted 2/5/2013 5:09:04 AM
thegrambauer posted...
jammymacster posted...

I've tried using magic on it but my magic just goes right through the dragon as if it's not there (maybe it isn't really there but just a 'ghost echo' of sorts?). No matter what I do, the dead empty dragon body is just there. This was a few hours ago and last I checked it appears to be gone. I'm hoping the game 'fixed' itself but I wouldn't be surprised if I turned my xbox back on now and find it falling out of the sky again in front of me.

Try it again with raise dead.
---
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord
#8SoulOfFaythPosted 2/5/2013 5:14:17 AM
Happened to me on Solstheim yesterday, an Ancient Dragon attacked Raven Rock, I killed it, went up North, a little ways up the path that same skeleton suddenly dropped on the path in front of me, scared the hell out of me.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#9IronticsDragonLPosted 2/5/2013 5:18:15 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Happened to me on Solstheim yesterday, an Ancient Dragon attacked Raven Rock, I killed it, went up North, a little ways up the path that same skeleton suddenly dropped on the path in front of me, scared the hell out of me.

Why is it that I never get glitch like this? I put over four hundred hours into Skyrim and things like this never happen. Only the vampires attacking glitch at Castle Volkihar, and dragons not giving me their soul are really the only glitches I encountered. That and the fastest way to get to the moon.
---
I should get Dark Souls one Day...
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord
#10SoulOfFaythPosted 2/5/2013 5:24:04 AM(edited)
Never happened to me before either but Dragonborn added a lot of glitches for me. I've also had 3 freezes in about 8-10 hours of playtime on there while I normally have about 2 per year.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open