Wood elf role play lore question.

#1helghastbanePosted 2/5/2013 8:21:51 AM
I am thinking of doing a wood elf ranger /assassin/werewolf build.Does this badly go against lore for this character?Even if it does im thinking of doing it any way, just curious?
#2Jstretch19Posted 2/5/2013 8:26:13 AM(edited)
Honestly, you could roleplay anything with any race. Because your character is an individual, not a statistic.

But as to your specific situation I don't see any red flags.
---
Screw GS
(Warning: googling Lucina will give you spoiled spoilers rage)
#3nathraxhPosted 2/5/2013 8:48:40 AM
Seems legit to me. For added spice, why not make him pro-Dominion?
---
Dwarf shortage.
#4helghastbane(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:03:27 AM
I do not think of extremely detailed back stories but this is what i came up with for him.

He had a typical wood elf upbringing in Valenwood.His mother and father were both very skilled rangers and he learned this from both parents.Before he reached full adulthood both were killed in a raid.he was away and avoided the same fate. short while later he was befriended by a aging Nord (yes nord) assassin.This man taught him all he knew of the assassin arts in his last days.after his assassin friend past away he began his career as a adventurer using both skill sets to deadly advantage.He is in Skyrim because of the tall tales told him by his assassin friend.He acquires Lycanthropy from the companions...
#5nathraxhPosted 2/5/2013 9:07:30 AM
Can't believe I didn't catch that one before. An assassin joining the Companions-.. that might not work. A ranger, sure. But not someone who stabs people in the back.

If that discrepancy doesn't bother you however, go right ahead.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#6FMLGPosted 2/5/2013 9:51:53 AM
nathraxh posted...
Can't believe I didn't catch that one before. An assassin joining the Companions-.. that might not work. A ranger, sure. But not someone who stabs people in the back.

He may have joined them to get the gift of Lycanthropy like Arnbjorn?
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#7mudrunner777Posted 2/5/2013 10:01:26 AM
FMLG posted...
nathraxh posted...

Even so.. pretty weak. If you are going to play it that way I think you need to abandon your assassin techniques when fighting with a companion. So no sneak attacks and debatededly don't even use sneaking to set up for fights. Throw on regular armor too.

The flip side is that when you are on your own you can clear as an assassin, and just return to tell lies of your brave and mighty deeds.
#8nathraxhPosted 2/5/2013 10:12:28 AM
FMLG posted...
nathraxh posted...

How did Arnbjorn know they were werewolves before he joined? I've only done the DB questline once, so I really don't remember.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#9NonoruPosted 2/5/2013 11:28:39 AM
Only eat meat. Werewolves eat meat.
---
Waiting for FFXIIIvs, KH III,Bioshock Inf.
#101000_aIiensPosted 2/5/2013 12:21:00 PM
Only eat meat. Werewolves eat meat.

this. also considering Bosmer are carnivores or mostly carnivorous due to the green pact and their culture, this helps more.
---
Mikulekee - yay
Bulma is my waifu. http://i.imgur.com/9Ntvzf0.jpg