Lore vs History

#21Brenz0rPosted 2/5/2013 4:47:11 PM
obishawn posted...
As a person who hasn't delved too deeply into history or lore, how feasible is it to attempt to get into the history while keeping a purposeful distance from the lore?

And again, to clarify, by "lore," I mean the theology, I understand some make no distinction between history and lore.

It can be done, but eventually you'll run into theology regardless - the history of Talos' ascendance, Dragon Breaks, the Tribunal, Dagoth Ur, the Dawn Era, and so on is all tied up in both theology and history. It's the price you pay for having a world where existence is based on stories, myth and magic.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#22CrimsonCorpPosted 2/5/2013 5:38:21 PM
Yea, there's no clear divide between myth and history in TES. I think that's what makes it great and mysterious. If there was a codex describing every detail of TES universe in great detail with unerring accuracy, it just wouldn't be the same.

I do agree that, when a conversation here or on other forums turn to CHIM, Khalpas, and dragonbreaks, I back away slowly. I'm glad people enjoy discussing such themes, but that's just not for me. I guess i'm too dense.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#23Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/5/2013 5:53:26 PM
all the TES history can be classified as lore not all Lore can be classified as history
---
The bears can smell the menstruation