They need to fix the map in the next game.

#1Smackdowner1Posted 2/5/2013 11:57:54 PM
Too much clutter.

I want to be able to sort locations based on type or at least have a different color for friendly / hostile areas.
---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#2SchesparnPosted 2/6/2013 12:05:08 AM
I don't see what was wrong with Oblivion's map style. This one's flashier but much less functional. :\
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#3LiqiudusSnakePosted 2/6/2013 12:06:03 AM
Roads and rivers need to be far more visible. Also I hate people that mention things like "the reach" "the pale" "the whatever" because I'm like "ok, where the F is that? where does one end and another begin?"
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#4Gamer_X27Posted 2/6/2013 12:09:01 AM
It's really not that hard to tell what's friendly and what's hostile, cities and towns are friendly and everything else is hostile.
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#5Smackdowner1(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 12:35:39 AM(edited)
Gamer_X27 posted...
It's really not that hard to tell what's friendly and what's hostile, cities and towns are friendly and everything else is hostile.

NO **** REALLY? YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Hey Sherlock, there's over 350 discoverable locations in Skyrim. Unless you can remember every area in Skyrim, sometimes it can be a little difficult to spot a specific place you're looking for when it's surrounded by a bunch of random stuff. The major cities aren't bad because they have their own emblems, but some of the towns, friendly mines, camps and cabins can blend in. Is this a big problem? No, But it would be nice if the map was a little more organized. Don't try to ****ing dispute me.

LiqiudusSnake posted...
Roads and rivers need to be far more visible. Also I hate people that mention things like "the reach" "the pale" "the whatever" because I'm like "ok, where the F is that? where does one end and another begin?"

This too.

I hate when I'm trying to go to an undiscovered location on my map by fast traveling to the nearest known place, only to find out there's a damn cliff in my way.

---
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
#6SchesparnPosted 2/6/2013 12:32:32 AM
Gamer_X27 posted...

Stendarr's Beacon. Not a city, not a town, not hostile. Sorry, but this is just downright wrooong. :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#7parradox1992Posted 2/6/2013 12:38:18 AM
Seriously. Skyrim's map looked cool at first, but it's just awful. The clouds alone make it practically useless. Not to mention the crappy movement control. I'm sure a lot of why they chose to do it this way has to do with Skyrim's vertical variation. However, I would have preferred an Oblivion or Morrowind style map.
---
This statement is false.
#8Gamer_X27Posted 2/6/2013 12:40:34 AM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Gamer_X27 posted...

NO **** REALLY? YOU ARE A GENIUS.

Hey Sherlock, there's over 350 discoverable locations in Skyrim. Unless you can remember every area in Skyrim, sometimes it can be a little difficult to spot a specific place you're looking for when it's surrounded by a bunch of random stuff. The major cities aren't bad because they have their own emblems, but some of the towns, friendly mines, camps and cabins can blend in. Is this a big problem? No, But it would be nice if the map was a little more organized. Don't try to ****ing dispute me.

Woah there no need to get snippy.
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#9vincestickPosted 2/6/2013 1:46:10 AM
Oblivion's map was more clear when it came to roads and stuff because it was a 2D, traditional map. Skyrim has this kinda 3D-ish map using the engine's graphics...and that kinda makes it look more cluttered and blurry because of that...not to mention the GODDAMN FOG.

I would of preferred it if Beth just made Skyrim's map look like a traditional, flat 2D hand drawn map like Oblivion's instead of trying to look flashy to the kids with Omg the mountains are three dee! Why the local map is different is beyond me, then again I don't want to imagine a 3D local map.

That said, Oblivion's was cramped in a smallish square and slow as molasses to navigate. I was hoping for a fix for that not as much as an entire overhaul.

Skyrim's map doesn't bother me on the whole, really (I rarely use it other than the occasional fast travel), but It would've been okay if it looked like that map that came with the game.
#10RampagingwalrusPosted 2/6/2013 2:37:09 AM
The map as it is, is just stupid.
If you prefer a proper top down view, you cannot see the top quarter of the map.
A nice, classic, paper/cloth map would be awesome.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.