Help me pick a side to join. Racist storm cloaks or %#* hole Imperials

#31obishawnPosted 2/6/2013 9:52:54 AM
Ajd_King posted...
The Argonians are banned from entering Windhelm.

This a recent development in the grand scheme of things.

Where is Ulfric supposed to put them?
---
Winter is coming
#32RampagingwalrusPosted 2/6/2013 9:55:05 AM
obishawn posted...

Obviously he is supposed to kick Nords out of their ancestral homes, so that the Dunmer and Argonians can have themselves some fancy new digs.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#33Ajd_KingPosted 2/6/2013 9:57:33 AM(edited)
obishawn posted...
Ajd_King posted...

He doesn't have to put them anywhere, he's not leading a communist city-state. "Letting them inside" doesn't automatically equate to "Wiping their asses". They could come in and trade, negotiate (an issue raised in questing), use the inn, buy cheaper products, make friends, find better shelter and security, there are plenty of reasons.

Obviously he is supposed to kick Nords out of their ancestral homes, so that the Dunmer and Argonians can have themselves some fancy new digs.

I don't recall you being this trolly on the NV boards. >.>
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#34clone11Posted 2/6/2013 9:56:53 AM
obishawn posted...
Ajd_King posted...

There is a big difference between not allowing them to live in the city, because their is no room (Despite the giant abandoned house that could easily house the Argonians, but that is the player-home, so I digress) and not letting them enter the city at all, yes?
---
"Bravery is by far the kindest word for stupidity..."
#35nathraxhPosted 2/6/2013 9:59:24 AM
obishawn posted...
Ajd_King posted...

As it stands, there's nowhere for them to live. But should a property for them become available, they wouldn't be allowed to buy it. They've been in the docks how many years? And how many properties have become available for purchase in Windhelm during that time. We don't know. But any that might have become available would not have been open to them. We know that Calixto Corrium has only lived in Windhelm for a few years, so there's one possibility that was not open to the Argonians.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#36rx54Posted 2/6/2013 10:05:25 AM
Ajd_King posted...
There are absolutely no examples of prior Argonian-Dunmer hostility in Windhelm.

I don't know if this is true at all or not, and I am not saying this is correct.

I admit I don't know a lot about the lore, but somebody said something happened in Morrowind or Red Mountain around there where some tragedy happened to the Dunmer which created hostility between the two, there was finger pointing and blame for whatever happened.

I know nothing about this, I just remember reading what somebody on here said.

Mentioning it because maybe somebody else knows more about it.
---
Nobody is as funny as Greg Giraldo & Louis CK
Dubstep - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTLjEqj5Xk
#3795_EclipsePosted 2/6/2013 10:05:56 AM
Nationalist. Damn fools.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#38Ajd_KingPosted 2/6/2013 10:25:56 AM(edited)
rx54 posted...
I don't know if this is true at all or not, and I am not saying this is correct.

I admit I don't know a lot about the lore, but somebody said something happened in Morrowind or Red Mountain around there where some tragedy happened to the Dunmer which created hostility between the two, there was finger pointing and blame for whatever happened.

I know nothing about this, I just remember reading what somebody on here said.

Mentioning it because maybe somebody else knows more about it.

Yeah, Morrowind used to raid Black Marsh for Argonian slaves, and during the Red Year (when RM errupted), the An-Xileel (leaders of Argonia) invaded Morrowind, smashing up most of it and conquered the southern part (hilariously enough, Baar Dau's impact sight had religious significance to them).

But, that was a long time ago, and both the Dunmer in Windhelm and Argonians on the docks aren't affiliated to the groups involved in that conflict any longer, and most of them couldn't have ever been involved for time/birthplace reasons.

In Riften, where Dunmer and Argonians work and live along side by side, there's no conflict, and there's never been conflict that we know of. The same applies to Windhelm, bar that one elf lady.
---
"Stannis... in spite of everything, he is a righteous man."
- GRRM.
#39sunbro1Posted 2/6/2013 10:34:37 AM
The dunmer, argonians and nords have hated each other for thousands of years. The dark elves are lucky to be aloud in and seeing as the nords already gave them solthsiem to live on, and i'm pretty sure hundreds of years of slavery against the argonians and the massacre of thousands of innocent dunmer would cause tension don't you?
#40aDominationPosted 2/6/2013 11:09:10 AM
I saw wipe out any race that isn't human and let Sithis sort it out.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.