Capitalism in Skyrim

#1obishawnPosted 2/6/2013 12:29:47 PM
Does it work?

Take your town smith or lumber mill; they provide a service and everyone benefits. But then there's people like Maven Black-Briar; the very embodiment of corporate greed.

Thoughts?
---
Winter is coming
#2NicodaemosPosted 2/6/2013 12:33:11 PM
Sure man.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#3the_arisenPosted 2/6/2013 12:47:06 PM
I think they could have done alot better of a job with the economics in this game... My main character uses one vendor pretty much exclusively. You think with the amount of stuff I sold her she would be profiting quite well, due to alot of it being higher leveled items I just dont need. But yet here she is 300+ hours into the game and she still only has like 750 gold (yeah I know about the perk). I mean where is the economics in that. With the amount of stuff I have sold her that she can make a tidy profit on reselling (not to mention all the garbage I buy from her), she should have enough money to have freaking franchises in each on of the major holds. Maybe I misheard this way back, but didnt the game devs say that we would be able to affect the economy of each hold.
---
The other Raptors and I have constructed a make shift bridge to Venezuela, where I shall assume odd jobs under the guise Lord Plinkington, but I've said to much
#4turn_basedPosted 2/6/2013 1:07:59 PM
Mills are where it's at, they have bottomless pockets and will buy ALL of your chopped wood no matter how much ya got. No need to save, smack, and reload, ya know? YA KNOW!?!?
---
Redguards Rule!
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 2/6/2013 1:16:17 PM
the_arisen posted...
I think they could have done alot better of a job with the economics in this game... My main character uses one vendor pretty much exclusively. You think with the amount of stuff I sold her she would be profiting quite well, due to alot of it being higher leveled items I just dont need. But yet here she is 300+ hours into the game and she still only has like 750 gold (yeah I know about the perk). I mean where is the economics in that. With the amount of stuff I have sold her that she can make a tidy profit on reselling (not to mention all the garbage I buy from her), she should have enough money to have freaking franchises in each on of the major holds. Maybe I misheard this way back, but didnt the game devs say that we would be able to affect the economy of each hold.

To whom is she going to sell the things you sold her?
There is nobody else in the entire province with the money to buy anything "high end", aside from a few select people, who have no need for them.

Realistically, vendors would have no interest in just about everything the player sells, as there is no profit to be made off of such items.
The only things that you could sell, would be gems, jewels, ore, ingots, hides, and pelts.
But at nowhere near the value they have, since they would have to in turn sell them to a smith, who would then have to craft them.

The only reason Skyrim's "economy" works, is because it revolves around the player's needs.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#6lorddrago88Posted 2/6/2013 1:31:11 PM
Of course it works. Just go raid a Draugar infested dungeon for easy lootz.
#7obishawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:03:41 PM
I think the smaller vendors in front of The Bannered Mare in Whiterun or in the central area in Riften represent a more accurate reality of economics in Skyrim. Their stock is limited and lacking while their funds are humble.
---
Winter is coming
#8JohnRyan1228Posted 2/6/2013 4:21:26 PM
i love capitalism.

I Capitalize The Titles of All My Topics.
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#9obishawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:01:13 PM
JohnRyan1228 posted...
i love capitalism.

This topic is about capitalism in Skyrim!

So, do you capitalize the words when you rename enchanted gear?
---
Winter is coming
#10JohnRyan1228Posted 2/6/2013 8:02:45 PM
obishawn posted...
JohnRyan1228 posted...
i love capitalism.

This topic is about capitalism in Skyrim!

So, do you capitalize the words when you rename enchanted gear?

Well obviously... I do that ...
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.