Capitalism in Skyrim

#11FOGEDABOUDITPosted 2/7/2013 2:37:32 AM
Look man it's corporations like Black Briar Meadery that corrupt the world and bring it down man. Fight the system man this aggression will not stand!
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#12SoulOfFaythPosted 2/7/2013 5:05:42 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
the_arisen posted...
I think they could have done alot better of a job with the economics in this game... My main character uses one vendor pretty much exclusively. You think with the amount of stuff I sold her she would be profiting quite well, due to alot of it being higher leveled items I just dont need. But yet here she is 300+ hours into the game and she still only has like 750 gold (yeah I know about the perk). I mean where is the economics in that. With the amount of stuff I have sold her that she can make a tidy profit on reselling (not to mention all the garbage I buy from her), she should have enough money to have freaking franchises in each on of the major holds. Maybe I misheard this way back, but didnt the game devs say that we would be able to affect the economy of each hold.

To whom is she going to sell the things you sold her?
There is nobody else in the entire province with the money to buy anything "high end", aside from a few select people, who have no need for them.

Realistically, vendors would have no interest in just about everything the player sells, as there is no profit to be made off of such items.
The only things that you could sell, would be gems, jewels, ore, ingots, hides, and pelts.
But at nowhere near the value they have, since they would have to in turn sell them to a smith, who would then have to craft them.

The only reason Skyrim's "economy" works, is because it revolves around the player's needs.

yeah this game sucks right it's so stupid everything is stupid.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#13lalallaalalPosted 2/7/2013 5:21:05 AM
I've noticed the more iron daggers of banishment I sell, the less value they have.
#14obishawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 11:26:01 AM
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...
Look man it's corporations like Black Briar Meadery that corrupt the world and bring it down man. Fight the system man this aggression will not stand!

Did someone pee on your rug?
---
Winter is coming
#15Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/7/2013 11:30:30 AM
the_arisen posted...
I think they could have done alot better of a job with the economics in this game... My main character uses one vendor pretty much exclusively. You think with the amount of stuff I sold her she would be profiting quite well, due to alot of it being higher leveled items I just dont need. But yet here she is 300+ hours into the game and she still only has like 750 gold (yeah I know about the perk). I mean where is the economics in that. With the amount of stuff I have sold her that she can make a tidy profit on reselling (not to mention all the garbage I buy from her), she should have enough money to have freaking franchises in each on of the major holds. Maybe I misheard this way back, but didnt the game devs say that we would be able to affect the economy of each hold.

because if they didn't reset vendors then every one of them would be broke from all the stuff I've sold to them....
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#16RampagingwalrusPosted 2/7/2013 11:32:20 AM
obishawn posted...

Woo did.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#17SoulOfFaythPosted 2/7/2013 11:45:32 AM
obishawn posted...
FOGEDABOUDIT posted...

I'd be mad about that too. It really tied the room together.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#18obishawn(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:02:06 PM
He peed on your ******* rug.
---
Winter is coming