Today's top 10 list missed this game

#1danishjuggler21Posted 2/6/2013 4:17:25 PM
You can count this as just a "Hey, did you know...?" type of post. Today's top 10 list is a list of games that reference their creators/developers. A notable omission from this list, at least to me, was the Elder Scrolls games.

The names of the nine divines were derived from the names of the developers and beta testers involved with The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The name of Julianos is derived from the project leader's first name, Julian (LeFay). One beta tester had the last name DiBella. I think the name Stendarr comes from "Daniel Starr", the name of another beta tester. I can't figure out the rest at the moment, but there you have it.

So there's that. Have a nice day.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#2JohnRyan1228Posted 2/6/2013 4:20:42 PM
hmm.. very interesting
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#3sunbro1Posted 2/6/2013 4:23:57 PM
Most likely due to the fact that not that many people have played let alone heard of TES games before morrowind.
#4nnytherkillerPosted 2/6/2013 4:43:08 PM
sunbro1 posted...
Most likely due to the fact that not that many people have played let alone heard of TES games before morrowind.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#5zeroboboPosted 2/6/2013 4:45:41 PM
nnytherkiller posted...
sunbro1 posted...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he's right. TES was a pretty niche series before morrowind.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#6ChronoAcePosted 2/6/2013 4:52:27 PM
zerobobo posted...
nnytherkiller posted...
sunbro1 posted...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would say Skyrim is the first real mainstream TES as well.
#7JohnRyan1228Posted 2/6/2013 4:54:09 PM
ChronoAce posted...
zerobobo posted...
nnytherkiller posted...
sunbro1 posted...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oblivion
---
If I ever cared about what you had to say, I'd stick a shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger with my toes.
#8MC2011Posted 2/6/2013 4:56:49 PM
ChronoAce posted...
zerobobo posted...
nnytherkiller posted...
sunbro1 posted...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oblivion

Morrowind.

Though Oblivion was mainstream as hell, and Skyrim is even worse.
---
(\).`.(/)
Don't Tread on Me!
#9IronticsDragonLPosted 2/6/2013 5:19:49 PM
danishjuggler21 posted...
You can count this as just a "Hey, did you know...?" type of post. Today's top 10 list is a list of games that reference their creators/developers. A notable omission from this list, at least to me, was the Elder Scrolls games.

The names of the nine divines were derived from the names of the developers and beta testers involved with The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. The name of Julianos is derived from the project leader's first name, Julian (LeFay). One beta tester had the last name DiBella. I think the name Stendarr comes from "Daniel Starr", the name of another beta tester. I can't figure out the rest at the moment, but there you have it.

So there's that. Have a nice day.

You also forgot to mention that Lord Sheogorath was named after Ted Peterson.
---
If I never played Pokemon during my childhood, am I a poor fool?
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6