Best way to play Morrowind?

#1apotheoPosted 2/6/2013 4:12:24 PM
First, I apologize I realize this is a bit off-topic but I figure all of the Morrowind players are here now and the Morrowind boards are obviously dead at this point..

I've been a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls series for years but could never quite get used to the loading times of Morrowind on the original Xbox. I tried it on the computer at one point but there were graphics issues and the controls bothered me...

What I'm wondering is if there is some way to download Morrowind onto the Xbox 360 like install it or something (I know the PS3 lets you download your disc games so that they can load faster, but I'm not sure about 360).. Is there anything I can do to make these loading times tolerable or is it still as bad as the day Morrowind was released regardless of how I run it?
#2brawl4funPosted 2/6/2013 4:17:26 PM
The 360 has allowed installing of games since like...

Well anyway, hit X (Game Details) when you hover over picking the game on the Dashboard. Then pick Install.

I'm not sure if you can install old Xbox games like Morrowind though, and Morrowind is REALLY s*** on the 360 anyway. Maybe try it on PC again and get a wired 360 controller? I'd really recommend that.
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 Honk Honk!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QcbvM0Ng1w
#3GriffRobertsPosted 2/6/2013 4:24:48 PM
You can play Morrowind on the 360, but it's even worse than it was on the old XBox, from what I hear.

Just get the PC version. Mods can fix your graphical woes, and unless you found your PC encased in several layers of sedimentary rock, you can probably play Morrowind just fine. Now, the extent of graphical improvements you can add will depend on how seaworthy your PC is, but she'll sail with vanilla Morrowind just fine. Load times are also almost non-existent on PC, too, or at least negligible compared to Xbox.

Morrowind GotY edition is $20 on Steam. Your call.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#4agentspoonPosted 2/6/2013 4:25:13 PM
Morrowind is playable on a PC from the 30's
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#5apotheo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:28:50 PM
I actually recently downgraded my hardware from an Alienware m17x to a Chromebook (Studying abroad; didn't need the power/huge laptop) so PC isnt an option for me... and by the time I get home and buy a Desktop I'll most likely be jumping right into The Elder Scrolls Online... Was hoping there was a good option to play on 360, but I guess not... Oh well...

Thanks for the help everyone
#6turn_basedPosted 2/6/2013 5:07:58 PM
Morrowind boards are dead? What's yo definition of dead? Daily activity vs hourly? Hope you aint studying medicine abroad there!
---
Redguards Rule!
#7matteus70Posted 2/6/2013 5:08:54 PM
agentspoon posted...
Morrowind is playable on a PC from the 30's

Unfortunately it would be in black and white and filled with nazi propaganda.
---
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King