Awesome video on the dumbing down of TES games

#151Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/9/2013 11:37:03 AM
turn_based posted...
Why did they remove the concept of teleportation?

Why don't the 8+1 care anymore about my morality or demand a tribute for their blessings?

Why are repair hammers a decoration now?

If it seems a dumb thing to do, then maybe...

I for one miss feather and disentrigate spells and being ignored by deity cause I was a goooood 'listener.'

Mark and Recall (for the teleportaion)? Not sure why that didn't stay.

The repair hammer and the like got gotten rid of due to maybe they found it was too tedious or something (not that I minded repairing my weapons and armor.). And the spells that harm weapons and armor is gone because weapons/armor now do not break.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#152Captain_ChinoPosted 2/9/2013 1:28:55 PM
Some of his points are kind of overstated. I mean, take his thing about the werewolves. "Waaah, Bethesda put in an option for casual baby gamers to lose lyconthropy in Dawnguard, so they wouldn't miss out on the vampire lord." This ignores that people may have became a werewolf before Dawnguard was announced-- surely those players shouldn't either have to restart or miss out on extra content they pay for?
---
A king needs an army. A God needs only a canvas. I had my fill of being King. -Lucifer Morningstar
FC: 3910 5124 2543
#153Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/9/2013 1:40:21 PM
Captain_Chino posted...
Some of his points are kind of overstated. I mean, take his thing about the werewolves. "Waaah, Bethesda put in an option for casual baby gamers to lose lyconthropy in Dawnguard, so they wouldn't miss out on the vampire lord." This ignores that people may have became a werewolf before Dawnguard was announced-- surely those players shouldn't either have to restart or miss out on extra content they pay for?

I don't understand why you can't play through that dlc with the lycanthropy intact on your character.... why do you have to go vampire?
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#154Stormvale12Posted 2/9/2013 1:44:57 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
Captain_Chino posted...

I don't understand why you can't play through that dlc with the lycanthropy intact on your character.... why do you have to go vampire?

You don't have to. It's called joining the dawnguard.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#155iedahGPosted 2/9/2013 2:00:08 PM

Its because it goes against Tes lore.
If Bethesda wanted to pull this crap they could at last giving a none vampire character the choice to help the vampires since they dont seem to be bothered with filthy dogs joining their ranks.
Got to love the hard red or blue choices in this game, so much depth and options.....
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."
#156X ProwLPosted 2/9/2013 4:12:44 PM
Ugh, Did people really watch all of that video?
His voice is dreadful and constantly repeats his points.

Rather watch that cat daddy winner video that was suggested....
---
Gamefaqs, The only place where a Single post can get moderated, Overturned and then RE-Moderated. Pathetic.
#157MixorzPosted 2/9/2013 5:35:08 PM
The guy who made that video is a stupid elitist nerd. Almost everything he says is just nitpicking and so minor it just makes him look like a butt hurt "Womg gaming is dying" hipster you find anywhere.

First off he talks about rewarding people who read books, etc. and talks about how Skyrim puzzles are easy. Guess he missed the book that talked about puzzles being meant to keep things in. And on top of that, none of the puzzles I encountered in Morrowind or Oblivion were that hard.

Expecting the amount of dialogue in a voiced game to match that of a text based game is ludicrous. And I really wouldn't want to be talked to for pages and pages, and no, we should not go back to text only.

Non kill able NPCs? Guess you don't want to do quests? Seems pointless anyway as in Morrowind, who in their right mind would kill a main quest giver? Yeah maybe for fun or if you get bored, but if you kill them and get that note, who in their right mind would keep going. You're just going to reload. Plus it stops things like Vamps or dragons killing a quest giver without your knowledge.

Hand placed loot is a bad idea. It kills exploration and makes the game linear. In Morrowind it was easy to find uber loot. At the same time you have to know which areas you can go that are level appropriate because if you visit an area too late you're too powerful and its not even fun.

I will agree having more conflicting guilds would make thing interesting. I do like the direction Beth is going. As for quest markers, I think it's so you could find whoever you're looking for. Kind of stupid when someone stands in the same spot forever.

Cost of deadric artifacts? Who cares. I personally never sell them and put them on walls or manequins but that is really nitpicking. And those potions are expensive as a result of a glitch.

I had fun with Morrowind back in the day, but it was a broken mess that bit off more than it could chew. I don't think anyone who played Skyrim for any length could revisit Morrowind and think it was a better title.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#158GBALoserPosted 2/9/2013 6:20:20 PM
Mixorz posted...

First off he talks about rewarding people who read books, etc. and talks about how Skyrim puzzles are easy. Guess he missed the book that talked about puzzles being meant to keep things in. And on top of that, none of the puzzles I encountered in Morrowind or Oblivion were that hard.

Yeah, I never found much difficulty with the puzzles in either game, but he does have a point with the puzzle monotony in Skyrim: Lever or pillar seems to be the only puzzles ancient Nords could make..

Expecting the amount of dialogue in a voiced game to match that of a text based game is ludicrous. And I really wouldn't want to be talked to for pages and pages, and no, we should not go back to text only.

Even then there's still quite a bit of voiced dialogue. It would be nice if the guard personalities would change. Then again, being called a "swit" or "n'wah" by everyone in Morrowind numbed me to NPCs caring about my titles.

Non kill able NPCs? Guess you don't want to do quests? Seems pointless anyway as in Morrowind, who in their right mind would kill a main quest giver? Yeah maybe for fun or if you get bored, but if you kill them and get that note, who in their right mind would keep going. You're just going to reload. Plus it stops things like Vamps or dragons killing a quest giver without your knowledge.

Yes, I COULD kill Caius Cosades and play Morrowind how I want.... and never finish the game to see where the story leads. I see the essential NPC tag as a fail safe option as well.

I will agree having more conflicting guilds would make thing interesting. I do like the direction Beth is going. As for quest markers, I think it's so you could find whoever you're looking for. Kind of stupid when someone stands in the same spot forever.

Honestly, I think the Guilds in Skyrim were among the weakest parts. It never felt as though you progressed up the ladder like in Oblivion or Morrowind. They all start as you being the newbie, you become a viable member then BAM! you're the head honcho in little more than three hours. That's... a bit lame.

And yes, I'll keep the quest markers, thank you very much. Morrowind's journal system even with the expansion, was a ridiculous slog to manage.

Cost of deadric artifacts? Who cares. I personally never sell them and put them on walls or manequins but that is really nitpicking. And those potions are expensive as a result of a glitch.

I think he was pointing out that supposedly legendary artifacts are valued at less than what any Joe can make in Skyrim. Personally, I don't care either, as in Morrowind it was fairly hard for me to find buyers for those artifacts anyway and they would collect dust in whichever hovel I claimed as my base.
---
Every once in a while I realize the human race may be worth saving. Of course, then I come back here, but still, those are good moments. -Readyman
#159myztikricePosted 2/9/2013 8:39:20 PM
You guys didn't even watch the video. The point isn't that you can't find someone who will buy the artifact for its full amount, it's about creating a believable and consistent atmosphere for the game wherein powerful artifacts are priced accordingly.
---
Why are you always smiling?
'Cause it's all so ****in' hysterical.
#160Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/10/2013 10:33:41 PM
myztikrice posted...
You guys didn't even watch the video. The point isn't that you can't find someone who will buy the artifact for its full amount, it's about creating a believable and consistent atmosphere for the game wherein powerful artifacts are priced accordingly.

This ^.

The so called "Legendary" daedric artifacts have dwindled down in price so much, you could likely find some randomized enchanted weapons that sell for more.
---