One of my fav things about Skyrim

#1amenbrotherPosted 2/7/2013 8:39:53 AM
Is the aliveness of everything in the background working besides myself. Like last night I was out hunting wolves, bears, and things like that for pelts to level smithing some when I saw some random person way out in the wilderness just walking along in the dead of night! I just like that other people and things are going along doing there business while I am out doing mine, it feels more "real" that way. Anyone else agree or have some encounters like this and want to share?
#2thermopylaePosted 2/7/2013 8:43:23 AM
except when a sabercat sneaks up behind you.
---
The price of Victory is high, but so are the rewards.
#3obishawnPosted 2/7/2013 8:49:51 AM
amenbrother posted...
Is the aliveness of everything in the background working besides myself. Like last night I was out hunting wolves, bears, and things like that for pelts to level smithing some when I saw some random person way out in the wilderness just walking along in the dead of night! I just like that other people and things are going along doing there business while I am out doing mine, it feels more "real" that way. Anyone else agree or have some encounters like this and want to share?

Amen, brother!
---
Winter is coming
#4amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 8:50:39 AM
obishawn posted...
amenbrother posted...

Amen, brother!

Sigh! No one has other similar situations they want to share?....
#5midnyghtsson265Posted 2/7/2013 8:51:38 AM
I agree 100%. I was way off by the college of winterhold and saw what I thought was 2 hunters far ahead putting a beatdown on a snow saber cat. I hustle over to see whats good and it turned out to be Vilkas and Ria from the companions guild. Never saw a familiar face so far from the place they reside, it was kinda cool.
---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Minecraft...5 of my favorite games ever.
#6KnightLeonPosted 2/7/2013 9:03:19 AM
Unfortunately, if you abuse fast travel, you will rarely experience these things. When I "swore off" fast travel, I began to bump into all these things again, and all those random encounters that breath life into the frozen tundra.

My favorite moment was when I found a couple of farmers who lost everything in a dragon attack. They needed money so I helped them out. Seconds later a dragon attacked. So I defended them, and protected them from the dragon, giving those two farmers hope.
#7obishawnPosted 2/7/2013 9:07:50 AM
amenbrother posted...
obishawn posted...
amenbrother posted...

Amen, brother!

Sigh! No one has other similar situations they want to share?....

Easy man, its just a joke. Here, let me contribute:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Random_Encounters

I've seen most of these and its one of the main reasons I don't fast travel anymore. The game is rich with various random events. I don't have any truly interesting to elaborate on, but my favorite is the Thalmor transporting a prisoner. Nothing special about it, but as a Stormcloak supporter, I love the opportunity to free a Talos worshipper and kill those oppressive motherlovers.
---
Winter is coming
#8SoulOfFaythPosted 2/7/2013 9:14:07 AM
Yeah I love the fact that there are NPCs and various random encounters walking around the world. Unlike Oblivion where the only non-hostile NPC on the road was M'aiq. The world feels so much more alive in Skyrim that that alone makes it a better game than Oblivion, which was dead as **** even though it might've had some cooler gameplay elements.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#9amenbrother(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 9:16:47 AM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
I agree 100%. I was way off by the college of winterhold and saw what I thought was 2 hunters far ahead putting a beatdown on a snow saber cat. I hustle over to see whats good and it turned out to be Vilkas and Ria from the companions guild. Never saw a familiar face so far from the place they reside, it was kinda cool.

That is pretty cool especially what they said!
#10Chaseman12Posted 2/7/2013 9:17:33 AM
In Riften at about midnite or so I was walking along and Mjoll bumped into Maven. Maven gives her the not so veiled threats but Mjoll...just calls her a and I quote "Icecold *****" LOL!!!
---
3DS FC: 4339-2507-5322 Name: Chaseman12 PM if you add as friend
360 GT: Chaseman12