how do you smith your weapons/armor beyond Legendary?

#1mettlegearPosted 2/7/2013 11:30:05 AM
i have smithing at 100, always use a +115% smithing potion, with smithing +28% on my armor, but when i try to improve an item beyond legendary (raise its stats) it say i lack the required skills. but i know it's possible- what am i doing wrong?
#2theonyxphoenixPosted 2/7/2013 11:34:25 AM
Legendary is the highest displayed improvement on weapons and armor but there are different levels of Legendary depending your skill. Check the useful info sticky for values needed. I think it goes up to Legendary14. If you have 100 smithing then the only way to increase your skill is with potions, enchantments, and the Dragonborn Black Book ability Seeker of Might.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#3mettlegear(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 12:49:44 PM
i saw that but guess i didnt really understand what it took to increase the skill level...does it mean I am supposed to continue tryting to raise my Enchanting skill beyond 100, even though it doesnt show Enchanting leveling up beyond 100?
#4jammymacsterPosted 2/7/2013 12:52:16 PM
This probably isn't it but I'll ask anyway. Are you trying to temper an enchanted item and if so do you have the Arcane Blacksmith perk?

Also when you select the item to temper does it show a higher value?
---
AKA: Valadez
#5Stormvale12Posted 2/7/2013 12:58:49 PM
mettlegear posted...
i saw that but guess i didnt really understand what it took to increase the skill level...does it mean I am supposed to continue tryting to raise my Enchanting skill beyond 100, even though it doesnt show Enchanting leveling up beyond 100?

You know the fortify smithing potions and enchantments? That's how you raise your level. It is impossible for you to get higher than 100 without those.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#6mettlegear(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 1:29:02 PM
jammymacster posted...
This probably isn't it but I'll ask anyway. Are you trying to temper an enchanted item and if so do you have the Arcane Blacksmith perk?

Also when you select the item to temper does it show a higher value?

no, not an enchanted item.
#7jammymacsterPosted 2/7/2013 1:49:17 PM
When you select the item to temper does it show a higher value? If not then you're not raising your skill enough to temper the item further than what it has been.
---
AKA: Valadez
#8Mick65Posted 2/7/2013 2:21:48 PM
mettlegear posted...
i have smithing at 100, always use a +115% smithing potion, with smithing +28% on my armor, but when i try to improve an item beyond legendary (raise its stats) it say i lack the required skills. but i know it's possible- what am i doing wrong?

Gloves, ring and necklace can also hold the fortify smithing enchantment, and they stack.
---
leg godt