What is the biggest thing you want to see Bethesda change in next game

#51BiggyDXPosted 2/7/2013 10:47:15 PM
Better Side Missions and NPC activity. I really don't want the world getting that much bigger than what we already have. Maybe 20~30%, and thats it. I would much rather have them focus on making the environment much more interactive and dynamic (blowing out lights, certain objects being destructible, elemental effects on nature, etc).
---
Gamertag: My user name
#52Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 2/7/2013 10:49:19 PM
BiggyDX posted...
Better Side Missions and NPC activity. I really don't want the world getting that much bigger than what we already have. Maybe 20~30%, and thats it. I would much rather have them focus on making the environment much more interactive and dynamic (blowing out lights, certain objects being destructible, elemental effects on nature, etc).

You mean like how various torches in Skyrim can be taken, yet others can't be touched?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#53LinkLuigiPosted 2/7/2013 11:14:25 PM
mycousinvinnie posted...
less bugs

This, and everything else on that chart, I mean, have an "all of the above" option.
#54Limp_sugarPosted 2/8/2013 1:01:14 AM
MoxRavager posted...
Better combat.

I'm not aboard the "The combat is poop!" train but it could be much better in this day and age.

This and balance the game. I am on the combat is poop train though. It's just awful.
---
Support your developer. Buy new.
#55ajko000Posted 2/8/2013 1:11:02 AM
Other

Scrap the stupid engine, it's awful. There is always UI/HUD lag, and even game lag.

Add something interesting to melee combat, instead of just swinging and harder swinging.
#56A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 2/8/2013 1:27:28 AM
Other- This kinda meshes. I want less "go here, follow the arrow" more "ask directions to this ruin from npcs". If I decide to cure my vampirism. Not everyone in skyrim shouldn't know that Falion in Morthal knows how to do it. As much as I DON'T want to sound like a Morrowind nostalgia glasses fanboy, the vampirism in that game was done extremely well, especially with the various vampire clans. Before Skyrim came out I assumed vampirism would be extremely difficult in Skyrim, given the Volikar vampire strain's clearly inhuman description, but I also expected some extremely supernatural powers, like teleportation.

Also, magic sucks in Skyrim.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#57nickolas941Posted 2/8/2013 2:16:56 AM
Better loot, better factions is all I want. Maybe a little more magic variety, maybe an arena
---
Denver Broncos
#58cyric79Posted 2/8/2013 5:10:48 AM
MoxRavager posted...
Better combat.

I'm not aboard the "The combat is poop!" train but it could be much better in this day and age.

I agree with you.
Skyrim combat is light years better than Morrowinds, but I'd like to see it improved further. for me, adding stuff like...

1. Blocking during a few frames of an opponents attack will allow you to parry/counter hit them. Mistiming the counter means you take critical damage etc.

2. More kill animations

3. Most enemies have slow, telegraphed attacks that are capable of 1-hit killing you (irrespective of your level). This will keep the combat fair and interesting.
---
Check out my sexy DoA5 gallery http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/cyric79/DoA5%20Gallery/
#59FredCat07Posted 2/8/2013 6:34:08 AM
Need better writing - Oblivion had best stories on Side Quests (Also to those of guilds) while this game sank to the level of foolish.
---
What'the matter? Disliked my grammar?
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vz0vCbdS1r1g5kzo1_500.gif
#60Scorch3000Posted 2/8/2013 7:45:55 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
shadowlucas27 posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
gamerso1990 posted...
A co-op mode.

The only thing that would work for coop in a bethesda game would be a drop in drop out kind.... even then would the second player ever acknowledged by the npcs, or would the person playing as the main player be the only one to be acknowledged?

Exactly. For their to be a co op mode, Bethesda would have to poop on the things they worship in their games.

It's not they would have to dump on things they worship in their games, it would just be whether or not the co-op player has any major role in coop game play. So it would likely be either:

A. They make the game be centered primarily around SP, with small things added in for the coop player to fit in.

B. They build the game around coop, so playing SP feels awkward.

C. They focus on SP, and coop is a tacked on thing.

Or, they give a second player the option of controlling a follower character, such as Lydia or maybe even your dog, that would be a blast, especially if your dog has the ability to access certain areas you can't, like crawling through a small hole to fetch some keys....but to make it work in SP too, they could make it into a command also, similar to Dogmeat in Fallout 3.

I think some forms of combat need altering, such as if you attack a person with a club weapon (such as a club, or another blunt weapon [but not war hammers]), or hand to hand, your attack will knock an opponent out. A knocked out opponent will remain unconscious for several minutes, unless tended to by a passerby or a healer and may be robbed when unconscious. This would change how your fine is added, a murder is a 1000 gold fine, but assault and robbery, the recovered victim will report your crime after a short while in the game, 40 gold for the assault, and half of the items values.

A knocked out opponent however can be slain by approaching when sneaking and activating the body, similar to vampire feeding, leading to a finishing attack.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the original poster]