What is the biggest thing you want to see Bethesda change in next game

#61JohnnyG118Posted 2/8/2013 7:53:54 AM
ajko000 posted...

Scrap the stupid engine, it's awful. There is always UI/HUD lag, and even game lag.

Have to disagree with you on this one friend. Blame the console with 512 mb of RAM that's trying to run Skyrim for the lag and frame drops, not the engine itself. The fact that Skyrim can even function on the 360 is itself a miracle of compressed coding.

I want to see a lot more variety in the items and gear that are available, loot-whore that I am. Also looking for a few basic interface tweaks that really should have been available all along, such as the ability to link different items together with a single button press. How cool would it be to have a sub-menu where you could drop a bunch of different gear, and then with a single favorites menu button press you can switch into your smithing outfit, or your alchemy outfit, and then back to your combat gear? Hardly impossible, Two Worlds II had such a system and that game was a piece of crap.
#62DeathEater30(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 8:32:53 AM(edited)
Imagine a loot system like borderlands in this game? Will NEVER happen but imagine if you could find a sword and it would randomly spawn. It could be a random hilt, shape of blade, shape of edges, pattern on blade itself, inlay within the blade, color of blade, special effect on the blade, elemental power of blade etc. would be incredible. You could have a sword with a hilt made from silver, a curved blade with razor edges made from crystal wih an emerald inlay, a bluish glow with a poison elemental effect. I would be in heaven if they did this.
#63MythrenderPosted 2/8/2013 8:35:54 AM
Way more indepth guilds that actually stay true to their theme, Thieves currently start as half bandits, then somehow become batman, one mission aside you do little to no thieving. bah.
---
GT: Nickguy
#64IronticsDragonLPosted 2/8/2013 8:51:39 AM
One thing I missed was how guilds were in Morrowind. I may be disagreed on when I say that I prefered the stat requirements and the tasks you do in the old guilds. You used to have to go treking a long distance to reach your target, and even then, your target might have been at the bottom of a massive dungeon, like the Main Quest where you had to go to the Urshilaku Burial Caverns to get a bow so you could find out what the Nerevarine Prophecies meant.
---
If I never played Pokemon during my childhood, am I a poor fool?
PSN: bradeli Steam: IronticsDragonLord Gamertag: AsternGoblin6
#65MrcTOtheJPosted 2/8/2013 9:16:17 AM
Better side Quests.

Oblivion and Morrowind had it down but there's allot of fetching in Skyrim it seems. Still love the game but aside from a few quests allot fo them feel like rinse and repeat.

More Weapon types and armor is a close second.
---
Currently playing: Gran Turismo 5 (Offline) Mass Effect 2 (PS3 5th run) Minecraft (PC)
Currently waiting for: Skyrim PS3 DLC starting 2/12, Naruto UNS3, GTAV
#66BiggyDXPosted 2/8/2013 9:26:06 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BiggyDX posted...
Better Side Missions and NPC activity. I really don't want the world getting that much bigger than what we already have. Maybe 20~30%, and thats it. I would much rather have them focus on making the environment much more interactive and dynamic (blowing out lights, certain objects being destructible, elemental effects on nature, etc).

You mean like how various torches in Skyrim can be taken, yet others can't be touched?

Yes, and not just limited to that.
---
Gamertag: My user name
#67Edgemaster70000Posted 2/8/2013 9:57:25 AM
I want them to implement a set of combat moves you can toggle to your power attacks or press different combinations for, so the combat would have more variety.
---
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
#68Scorch3000Posted 2/8/2013 11:57:01 AM
BiggyDX posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BiggyDX posted...
Better Side Missions and NPC activity. I really don't want the world getting that much bigger than what we already have. Maybe 20~30%, and thats it. I would much rather have them focus on making the environment much more interactive and dynamic (blowing out lights, certain objects being destructible, elemental effects on nature, etc).

You mean like how various torches in Skyrim can be taken, yet others can't be touched?

Yes, and not just limited to that.

Or how about ice spells can be used to snuff out torches or put out fire?
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#69ajko000Posted 2/8/2013 4:19:15 PM
JohnnyG118 posted...
ajko000 posted...

Scrap the stupid engine, it's awful. There is always UI/HUD lag, and even game lag.

Have to disagree with you on this one friend. Blame the console with 512 mb of RAM that's trying to run Skyrim for the lag and frame drops, not the engine itself. The fact that Skyrim can even function on the 360 is itself a miracle of compressed coding.

I want to see a lot more variety in the items and gear that are available, loot-whore that I am. Also looking for a few basic interface tweaks that really should have been available all along, such as the ability to link different items together with a single button press. How cool would it be to have a sub-menu where you could drop a bunch of different gear, and then with a single favorites menu button press you can switch into your smithing outfit, or your alchemy outfit, and then back to your combat gear? Hardly impossible, Two Worlds II had such a system and that game was a piece of crap.

Actually, I was talking about the PC. Without mods and fixes, the game falls apart.
#70Apl_JPosted 2/8/2013 4:23:53 PM
Combat Combat Combat Combat Combat.

And a bit of balance.

But mostly Combat.