How vampires should be done in the next game.

#31darkportal785Posted 2/8/2013 6:17:29 PM
VodkaMusclesV2 posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
Brenz0r posted...
Smackdowner1 posted...
See here's a good example of gameplay conflicting.

In which case, what they should be doing is working to fix that. Cyrodiilic vampires made a deal with Clavicus Vile to get their abilities. Morrowind vampires are implied to have been influenced by Vaermina.

Serious question, Brenz0r. Please don't mistake this for trolling.

Are you so much of a nerd that you are against implementing things that would actually make the game fun, just because it contradicts what you read in one random book in Oblivion?

uh oh spaghettioes
#32Brenz0rPosted 2/8/2013 7:38:44 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
Serious question, Brenz0r. Please don't mistake this for trolling.

Are you so much of a nerd that you are against implementing things that would actually make the game fun, just because it contradicts what you read in one random book in Oblivion?

"I told him about the most powerful tribe, the Volkihar Clan, paranoid and cruel, whose very breath could freeze their victims' blood in the veins. I explained to him how they lived beneath the ice of remote and haunted lakes, never venturing into the world of men except to feed."

"But you should know that the Volkihar have an additional ability you didn't mention. They can reach through the ice of their lakes without breaking it. It was quite a nasty surprise, being grabbed from below without any warning."

I don't know about you, but that sounds not just fun, but awesome to me. Swim around under a lake, and then reach up and attack from super-stealth without the target being aware. Their breath freezing the blood of victims implies some sort of shout or similar attack, and underwater ice castles? Even better. An underwater ice palace would be an excellent hideout, and promises a fantastical environment that could look amazing. That they didn't even bother to try and make it possible (and instead just lifted Oblivion's vampire settings wholesale) just shows laziness.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN