How is archery in comparison to other specs after dlcs? Strongest spec?

#1MoritsunaPosted 2/7/2013 6:53:24 PM
After all these new dlcs with new items, weapons, and armor, how does archery fare? I always feel like TES games cater to the warrior, and just wondering if archery is just as good now.

For example, with the most powerful legit archery would it be possible to kill the ebon knight??? Would it be much harder than being a badass warrior?

What is the strongest spec now?
#2justinandrade45Posted 2/7/2013 6:56:58 PM
Yes because ebony warrior will close the distance and own you also most warriors also use a weapon you shouldint be all one thing weapon and shield for close bow for far
#3Moritsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:02:47 PM
Alright, I don't mind going both bow, and sword shield, but I assume this is still with light armor and max sneak?

I just don't like having unoptimized builds, so would having one handed, archery, sneak, block ok? Or because I am also a warrior would I need to delve into more trees?

I just like archery but I want to experience everything skyrim has to offer so I guess I have to start training my warrior skills.
#4Moritsuna(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 7:03:52 PM
I already have assassin skills on my character like double one handed crits, he's an assassin. Do I really have to go into shield as well?
#5RebelElite791Posted 2/7/2013 7:31:44 PM
Spec? Is this f***ing WoW?

Play however you want to play.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#6DarkImpact2021Posted 2/7/2013 8:39:19 PM
I will say that I spend 95% of my time with my current build using bow and stealth. The stealth maxed out at 100 is extremely broken (in your favor) in most situations (though I had some trouble with the dragonborn DLC.) Archery is somewhat hit or miss, but as long as you carry powerful arrows ( I miss being able to enchant arrows) and you have the sneak damage multiplier, arrows will do a crazy amount of damage to enemies when undetected.
#7Jstretch19Posted 2/7/2013 8:49:13 PM
Flavor of the month guy detected.

I thought you were limited to MMOs.
---
Screw GS
#8Joe_CobbsPosted 2/7/2013 8:55:12 PM
The strongest spec is whichever one you make. The only way you will really be gimped is if your main skills are Alteration and Restoration.

Any spec can kill anything, just some take more finesse in certain situations.