Why is it that whenever someone talks of dumbing the game down...

#31kamahl25Posted 2/8/2013 6:41:47 AM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Joe_Cobbs posted...
It really doesn't matter what game they use though. The point would be that the games were on a downward spiral. The fact that Morrowind was also dumbed down only furthers the point.

Except for the fact that Skyrim improved from Oblivion...

The games aren't dumbed down they just ditch stuff and improve on others

I'm not saying it isn't. What I'm saying is that if someone brings the argument that Skyrim is dumbed down from Morrowind and your bring the counter argument that Morrowind was also dumbed down, you're just kind of helping their case in that Bethesda is dumbing down games.

And they definitely dumbed down some areas of Skyrim and greatly improved others.

In your opinion, not facts
#32VincentVega13Posted 2/8/2013 5:01:29 PM
Apex1619 posted...
I honestly don't care if its dumbed down so long as I enjoy playing it

A voice of reason! In time, people will build shrines in your honour good sir.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#33alexponentialPosted 2/8/2013 5:13:33 PM
Any game that makes it nearly impossible to kill one enemy without running out of stamina and falling over as a result is a game I don't mind "dumbing down" grl.
#34Talon5967Posted 2/8/2013 5:55:41 PM
Smackdowner1 posted...
I don't miss stuff like repair hammers either. That was never fun.

Please don't remind me. I'm so glad that this game doesn't have it.

MasterofTheives posted...
What...I know I've been away from this board now for some time, but...what.

There are some things you're better off not knowing.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that know binary, and those that don't.
GT:Talon Omega. If you send an FR please tell me where you got my GT.
#35Justin2KrelianPosted 2/8/2013 5:59:07 PM
lorddrago88 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Nostalgia goggles mixed with extreme Morrowind fanboyism.

And disregard for Daggerfall.

Which was disregard for Arena.

I barely played any of Arena, but other than the actual combat difficulty, I doubt many people say Daggerfall dumbed down Arena.
#36The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:04:24 PM
Justin2Krelian posted...
lorddrago88 posted...
gunsndroses posted...
darkportal785 posted...
Nostalgia goggles mixed with extreme Morrowind fanboyism.

And disregard for Daggerfall.

Which was disregard for Arena.

I barely played any of Arena, but other than the actual combat difficulty, I doubt many people say Daggerfall dumbed down Arena.

They don't...

Skyrim isn't streamlined it's just an improvement, the combat is more complex than Morrowind and really the magic is too
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#37Belgarion05Posted 2/8/2013 6:14:06 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
It's always how dumbed down it is from Morrowind which makes their whole point idiotic as Morrowind is a dumbed down version of Daggerfall

Probably because a lot of people starting playing TES games with Morrowind. That really wasn't hard to figure out.

Skyrim is the best game in the series. I put more time into this game than any of the others. However, it is also dumbed down in some aspects.

-Most of the answers to the puzzles are right next to the puzzles for crying out loud. TES isn't really about puzzles, but why bother having them at all if you have the answers right bloody above them?

- Factions are super dumbed down. Master of the College at level 1 with novice level spells ftw!

- No consequences for your actions

- No static loot

- Quest marker. Follow the Arrow!

Things like that. Bethesda improved on a lot, but they super casualized the game. Anyone who is dying that has never played any of the others.
---
"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." - Ray Bradbury