Muffle question

#1abarr2951Posted 2/7/2013 10:36:38 PM
Is it better to add Muffle to a pair of Boots with Carry Weight or Fortify Sneak?
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/7/2013 10:42:42 PM
That's up to personal preference.

Myself, I've never had any trouble being undetected without any Fortify Sneak enchants, or even more than one rank of the first Sneak perk. I'd go with Carry Weight.
---
I didn't edit my sig this time, but I'm trying out the sig rotation thing.
#3abarr2951(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:46:58 PM
Actually, I can add two perks to one items; i am just unsure whether to do Muffle or Fortify Sneak
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 2/8/2013 7:41:55 AM
Do you need to carry more garbage? Then Carry weight.
If you are not a garbage picker who picks up every single useless item they come across, then an actual useful enchantment would be your best bet.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#5The-ApostlePosted 2/8/2013 9:38:18 AM
From: Rampagingwalrus | Posted: 2/8/2013 6:41:55 AM | #004
Do you need to carry more garbage? Then Carry weight.
If you are not a garbage picker who picks up every single useless item they come across, then an actual useful enchantment would be your best bet.

He has Carry Weight. He wants to know if he should add Muffle or Fortify Sneak to it. He should've worded it better. I'm not sure of the answer, though.
---
Next up on the Packers' hit parade: Packers Off Season :(
http://socialmediabar.com/andersons
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 2/8/2013 10:43:37 AM
The-Apostle posted...
He has Carry Weight. He wants to know if he should add Muffle or Fortify Sneak to it. He should've worded it better. I'm not sure of the answer, though.

Yeah, and I am telling him to do Muffle and something useful.
Since Carry Weight is useless.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7fineline122Posted 2/8/2013 11:46:49 AM
supposedly Muffle makes you totally silent. Are they saying you're at 100% sneak with Muffle?
#8Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 2/8/2013 12:00:28 PM
fineline122 posted...
supposedly Muffle makes you totally silent. Are they saying you're at 100% sneak with Muffle?

Because not making a sound makes you one hundred percent invisible. That's like saying if have if I have a flashlight I have 20/20 vision.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#9MorvoniPosted 2/8/2013 12:12:38 PM
abarr2951 posted...
Is it better to add Muffle to a pair of Boots with Carry Weight or Fortify Sneak?

There are different circumstances involved.

I use muffle, the spell. My char is a Vamp, and also has dual-cast illusion. My muffle lasts around 9 mins or so (plenty of time for sneak jobs between recasts). Because of that I use Fortify Sneak and Carry Weight on my boots.

Most of the time I don't even require the muffle spell to be sneaky because I wear robes and have the Vamp sneak bonus.

Different variables and circumstances lead to different answers. Giving more information about your character's capabilities might lead others to give you an answer tailored to help your character.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#10abarr2951(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:47:58 PM
What I am doing is enchanting my Daedric Armor; for my boots, I am unsure whether to do Muffle or Fortify Sneak since I do not see much difference between them.

If my sneak is at 100 and 5/5, do I need more of it on my armor or is Muffle enough?