Dragonborn:At the Summit of Apocrypha BUG (PC) - Sahrotaar doesn't appear

#1nesmith777Posted 2/8/2013 1:12:24 AM
I get to the stage where I have to kill the two Seekers and get the Dragon Aspect shout. I do all of that and Sahrotaar the dragon doesn't show up. I've tried killing the Seekers before I get close to the shout wall, killing the Seekers at the shout wall, nothing works. I sat around, increasing the time every 3/6 hours to see if Sahrotaar would show up, he didn't.

I tried reloading and using the Epistolary Acumen Black Book to get out of Apocrypha, and then using the Waking Dreams Black Book to log back in, did not help either.

Any help? Anyone have this same problem? Anyone have a solution? This is for PC.
#2jammymacsterPosted 2/8/2013 1:18:07 AM
Found this listed as a bug at UESP.net.

If you get to chapter VI without obtaining any dragon souls to unlock your shout, the dragon whom you can ride will not come, and you will be stuck at the start of chapter VI.

Could this be your problem?
---
AKA: Valadez
#3GriffRobertsPosted 2/8/2013 1:21:24 AM
If you're on PC, try using console commands to either place Sahrotaar, advance the quest so that he appears, add a dragon soul to yourself, or (I don't recommend this wholeheartedly) bypass that entire part.
---
I didn't edit my sig this time, but I'm trying out the sig rotation thing.
#4nesmith777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:45:44 AM
jammymacster posted...
Found this listed as a bug at UESP.net.

If you get to chapter VI without obtaining any dragon souls to unlock your shout, the dragon whom you can ride will not come, and you will be stuck at the start of chapter VI.

Could this be your problem?

No, I have 46 dragon souls. But for some reason, I don't need to use the dragon souls to unlock the shouts. Not sure why.
#5nesmith777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 1:46:36 AM
GriffRoberts posted...
If you're on PC, try using console commands to either place Sahrotaar, advance the quest so that he appears, add a dragon soul to yourself, or (I don't recommend this wholeheartedly) bypass that entire part.

Yes, I might have to try that, but I don't want to, if there is a natural solution. :/
#6nesmith777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 11:59:58 AM
OK, I figured it out. For those who might need this fix.

What happened was that I didn't use the dragon souls to buy the shouts. I thought that if they were lit up in the shout tab that I had the shout. But no, there is a sub-category to the shout tab so that if you learn a new shout, you need to spend a dragon soul to buy the new shout.

But what happened was I didn't buy the Dragon Aspect shout, "Wyrm." So the game wouldn't let Sahrotaar appear. As soon as I bought the last shout, he appeared. FYI for those who run into this minor bug.
#7El_DesconocidoPosted 2/8/2013 12:20:38 PM
I can't even go to Solstheim without it glitching up somehow.
---
I went to a place that served breakfast anytime so I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance.