Ideas for additional werewolf abilities you think Bethesda should have added
- Topic Archived
- Page 1 of 2
2 years ago#1
2 years ago#2
Nothing. Werewolves are in my opinion exactly how they should be. Insanely fast, insanely strong blood soaked killing machines.
What they should add is a Werewolf faction that does not suck. Where you actually go out and hunt as a pack with a hard as ****ing nails Alpha.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
2 years ago#3
From: agentspoon | #002
Nothing. Werewolves are in my opinion exactly how they should be. Insanely fast, insanely strong blood soaked OP killing machines.
2 years ago#4
Stealth, and Night Eye.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
(Topic Creator)2 years ago#5
i think they should have abilities that change with the phases of the moon
2 years ago#6
Stealth, and Night Eye.
you know the werewolves can have those , well the night eye not exactly but there is a howl that track everything, but i guess you mention it for RP
and for the stealth silent footsteps, quiet casting for howls and i think your overall sneak percent is included too
2 years ago#7
From: Rampagingwalrus | #004
Stealth, and Night Eye.
These make no sense to me.
How is a giant, loud wolf supposed to sneak around? (oh and inb4 magic, so no one pulls that crap) And they may see better in lowlight than humans can, but it's no where near as good as the night vision that Night Eye emulates.
If anything, they should have a detect life power.
(edited by darkportal785)
2 years ago#8
The thing about lycanthropy is it's basically just being able to turn into a wolf. Other than shapeshifting, werewolves really don't have supernatural abilities like a vampire would have that would translate into good gameplay.
I would definitely change a few things about werewolves in Skyrim though.
Townsfolk are more afraid of them. Villagers should run away from the beast, not run towards it, thinking they can slay the werewolf with their stupid iron daggers.
Followers are less aggressive, especially companions that should be more accepting of your condition, like members of the Circle. Unless provoked, they shouldn't try to kill you for turning in front of them.
Followers who are supposed to be wolves actually use the ability in combat, and not just during scripted moments.
The head of the werewolf has more articulation, and doesn't look like you're wearing a halloween mask.
The appearance of your wolf changes based on your racial traits. For example, an orcish werewolf would have more elongated lower canines and wider nostrils, appearing boar-like. An argonian would have very little fur, looking more like chupacabra.
I'd make it possible for werewolves to wear clothing. There would obviously be some issues with size morphing, so it's not like I'm expecting to wear a full plate helm or a dragon priest mask. But I would like something for werewolves. Doesn't matter if it's a mystical set forged by Hircine himself or some ragged trousers. Just something so I don't have to keep re-equipping everything after I wolf out. If the Hulk can keep his pants on I don't know why I can't.
A perk that would be nice, is having ordinary wolves being able to sense your lycanthropy, and not attack you when you are in human form. It'd also be cool if you could keep a wolf as an animal companion.
And once you master your werewolf abilities, you should be able to control your transformations at will, similar to the Vampire Lord.
''Malice'' is a registered trademark of Smackdowner Inc.
All Rights Reserved 2002 - 2013
(Topic Creator)2 years ago#9
you know like how when your a vampire you get messages on the top telling you about changes in your vampirism
i wish there was something like that for werewolves like temporary increase in sprinting in human form, not as fast as werewolves but still
or cinamatic scenes when the full moon is near your physical traits change like extended claws in your hands and feet with glowing yellow eyes, this would let you temporarily climb the walls of buildings or something and if your seen you would get a bounty.
Also what about a ability that you can make a person freeze through fear preventing them from running/fighting back or calling guards letting you do whatever you want without conflict
2 years ago#10
1. You are in Skyrim, a land of hardy nord warriors. When they die in battle, they get to go to Sovngarde. If they kill you, they get bragging rights. A nord will have no problem attacking a werewolf, it is a win/win situation for them.
2. There are actually quite a few followers that will not go aggressive against you, when you transform. (as long as they are following you)
3. I agree with this one. Seemed useless with the Circle being Werewolves, and not one of them transforms as a follower.
4. Get off morrowinds werewolf and get back on Skyrim lol
5. Lycanthropy is a power created by Hircine. It works the way he wishes (the way it has always worked), it is not a simple disease like real world lore.
6. Hircines power removes all equipment. A werewolf doesn't need equipment. (Use the follower glitch to equip, as you transform, then when you shift back, you are clothed.)
7. Join the Dawnguard, get a husky, close enough.
8. You have the ring of hircine, for unlimited transformations. Werewolf rings in Dragonborn DLC to boost the powers of the form even further. I believe the werewolf should have less control over their form, like in Bloodmoon with the forced transformations.
Playing: Skyrim, WWE '13, Mass Effect, Dragon's Dogma, Game of Thrones, Halo 4, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dragon Age.
Waiting for: Dragon Age 3, Pokemon X/Y