smithing... does it destroy the game if I only

#1RobRoy316Posted 2/8/2013 1:27:14 PM
use my base smithing score to improve a weapon? like if iI play expert difficulty and "fix" my weapon via smithing with no potions or enchantments just base 100 smithing, will it still destroy all the challenge of the game? just curious!
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 PSN - CapnAmericaUSMG Xbox 360 GamerTag
#2gunsndrosesPosted 2/8/2013 1:30:26 PM
Smithing makes everything as a whole more boring. You can make your own weapons and armor, which will always be better than ANYTHING you find. Thus, loot loses tremendous novelty to you. Improving weapons and armor is what breaks the game.

Honestly, stay away from crafting of all types. Your experience will be better.
---
In all this light, all I feel is dark
#3XydruPosted 2/8/2013 2:34:14 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Smithing makes everything as a whole more boring. You can make your own weapons and armor, which will always be better than ANYTHING you find. Thus, loot loses tremendous novelty to you. Improving weapons and armor is what breaks the game.

Honestly, stay away from crafting of all types. Your experience will be better.

Unless you don't use enchanting. Suddenly that 50 health armor/40 fortify [skill] /40 elemental damage sword looks a lot better.
And, I mean, you don't have to create stuff. You can just improve what you find.

It's Fortify Enchanting/Smithing/Alchemy that ruins the game, IMO. One skill by itself isn't so bad, especially Alchemy since you have a finite number of potions/poisons that you have to consciously decide to use or not.

Enchanting is the worst of the three though, IMO.
---
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/
For you lazy/lonely fools/hipsters.
#4Stormvale12Posted 2/8/2013 2:43:28 PM
Smithing by itself isn't broken. Only when Enchanting and Alchemy get involved does it become broken.
---
White FC: 3912 3374 0511
#5kamahl25Posted 2/8/2013 2:45:22 PM
My take is that this game is as hard as you want it to be, I usually use both smithing and enchanting but I regulate myself and keep it within reason, if it gets too easy I just bump the difficulty up
#6FreeMan5407Posted 2/8/2013 2:48:11 PM
or playing on master, since the game have the dilemma: you become to powerful or the enemies become to powerful

i don't know about you but i don't like to steamroll on everthing but i also don't like to attack something/someone 100 times
#7theonyxphoenixPosted 2/8/2013 2:52:17 PM
I don't bother with any crafting skills these days and Master is still doable and fun. Personally I don't like crafting and don't want to put the time in to it. If you enjoy it then stick with smithing or enchanting, but not both. Don't cross the streams.
---
Testing: Werewolf/Follower Glitch; Armor usable with Mage Armor and hidden +25 armor/pc; Augment Ring of Necromancy
#8kamahl25Posted 2/8/2013 2:56:23 PM
theonyxphoenix posted...
I don't bother with any crafting skills these days and Master is still doable and fun. Personally I don't like crafting and don't want to put the time in to it. If you enjoy it then stick with smithing or enchanting, but not both. Don't cross the streams.

Why not?
#9gunsndrosesPosted 2/8/2013 3:02:37 PM
kamahl25 posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...

Why not?

Don't. Cross. The streams.
---
In all this light, all I feel is dark
#10kamahl25Posted 2/8/2013 3:10:38 PM
gunsndroses posted...
kamahl25 posted...
theonyxphoenix posted...

Why not?

Don't. Cross. The streams.

I'm just wondering why, I'll continue to use both and do what I want, boom