Enchantments on shields

#1VeezaraPosted 2/8/2013 4:03:08 PM
I haven't really used a shield much, blocking is the one skill tree that I have never really touched in any playthrpough.
Question is if I put resist magic/frost ect on a shield would equipping it give me resistance to that magc just like equipping a piece of jewelery ith the same enchantment or would it only be while blocking? Things like boots can have resistance but the spell doesn't need to hit your feet, you just resist it anyway, is it the same with a shield? Just wondering about it. I'm thinking that no matter how good a shield is does nothing if you don't raise it in defence, but then in the game it would be the only type of apparel that wouldn't just up resistance while equipped whether being used or not.
#2GriffRobertsPosted 2/8/2013 4:12:41 PM
If you enchant it and equip it, it will have the same effect as if you enchanted a piece of jewelry with the same effect.

Block is one of the best skills in the game, imo. Have fun.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3RikashiPosted 2/8/2013 4:16:12 PM
On that note, anyone else wish you could enchants shields with, let's say a 10 points fire damage enchant, and when bashing with it you would hurt the enemy? Leaving aside the fact that you'd be pretty god-like with a decent enchantment and vegetable soup, it seems pretty cool to me.
---
Wait a moment... pencil processors offline!?
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#4Mick65Posted 2/8/2013 4:17:53 PM
I wish you could put 'disintegrate weapon' on a shield...
---
leg godt
#5Scorch3000Posted 2/8/2013 4:58:23 PM
Mick65 posted...
I wish you could put 'disintegrate weapon' on a shield...

Yeah, that would be fun.

Rikashi posted...
On that note, anyone else wish you could enchants shields with, let's say a 10 points fire damage enchant, and when bashing with it you would hurt the enemy? Leaving aside the fact that you'd be pretty god-like with a decent enchantment and vegetable soup, it seems pretty cool to me.

Would be cool if you could do that with the targe of the bloodied. Fire and bleed damage.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the original poster]